Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product

Hello,

Currently our Company receives product from over seas and wants to eliminate receiving inspection. Not all together, based of off AQL's. My question is how would I go about stating this on our Control Plans in the [Evaluation/Measurement Technique] [Size] [Frequency] [Control Method]?

Currently we have in place a DII (Detailed Inspection Instruction) and perform redundant checks on many samples that will not find the needle in the hay stack with a Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
Not really sure what you are asking. If your current method of inspection is not working, maybe you need to figure out why it is not working. If you are performing tedious inspections that are not value added, use a risk-based approach to determine what you should be doing. Are the lots you received really homogeneous lots? If they are, you should be able to use statistical sampling to determine whether the lot meets acceptance criteria. You should not eliminate receiving inspection.

Hello indubioush,

Thank you for responding. To answer your question, yes. Lot's received are in fact very homogenous. When an anomaly does occur, it is usually onesie/twosies that receiving inspection would not have found, unless lucky enough to pick the one.

I have put into place a procedure that allows our counterparts overseas to perform a product/process audit to ensure PFMEA, Flow, Control Plan are accurate and being followed at ea. of the suppliers. We have set in place the supplier is to provide a 6-piece dimensional layout with ea. lot shipped that is reviewed upon receipt for ea. part number along with SPC Data for SC's/EC's Etc.

With the information provided from suppliers and the product/process audits that are performed monthly, is there a necessity to perform Receiving Inspection every lot? Especially if there is no value added. As mentioned, when non-conformances are found they rarely are systemic.

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
With the information provided from suppliers and the product/process audits that are performed monthly, is there a necessity to perform Receiving Inspection every lot?
That will be up to you to decide. Your receiving inspection could involve a review of supplier data and a visual check of one component if you believe the risk to your final product is low. However, you need to consider what would happen if you accepted a bad lot. You can also change your AQL and inspect fewer parts. For any change you make, you will have to provide adequate justification of the change in your change control records.

Top Bottom