Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Supplier choice limitation - Many of them dont have PSCR, VDA or even ISO 9001

Its necessary to choice that the supplier is the direct producer of the raw material?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javier_Ruisoto

Starting to get Involved
Good morning.

My name is Javier Ruisoto and I work as auditor for the supply management for a tires factory company.

In the diferent visits to suppliers I found that many of them dont have PSCR, VDA or even ISO 9000 (or any other quality system) and the company have no capacity/intention/posibilitys to be adquired (in many cases because they are a not involved in the automotive industry).

I wanted to confirm if there is any limitation about the kind of supplier the company can take for the provition of raw materials and audit their process acording the VDA 6.3.

Its necessary to choice that the supplier is the direct producer of the raw material? Can be used as a second tier supplier a company that supply the raw material buyed to another company?

I suppouse that if they have ISO 9001 quality system and the laboratory for product control its enough, so they can check the material prior the delivery and this way we can wide open the options of adquisition.

Please enlight me in this subject because I am afraid of have a missconception about the spirit of the VDA 6.3 and the audition of process (In what I take a more general meaning).

Thank you for your time and attention.
Best regards, Javier.

Top Bottom