Supplier Delivery Performance Monitoring - Critical Path Scheduling - TE - 4.15.6

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
This was sent to me in an e-mail so I'm reposting it here. Any takers?

------snippo-----

Good Morning!

Please help with an interpretation of the TE requirement under Supplier Delivery Performance Monitoring (4.15.6.1). The last sentence of the first paragraph states, "Critical path scheduling shall be required for timing control of complex manufacturing systems." What constitutes as a "complex manufacturing system?"

I work with 2 tooling and equipment suppliers, both pursuing certification to QS and fulfilling the TE requirements: one has approx. 30 employees and makes self-contained quill and tap units used for drilling and tapping, self-contained way type slide units and small single purpose machines, while the other company has about 95 employees in three plants and designs and builds standard and special self-equalizing piercing and forming units, valve packages and customer drilled manifolds of various sizes.

Would either one of these companies be considered as a complex manufacturing system?

Thanks very much for your help!

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 09-19-98).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bryon Simmons

I have experienced a pre-assessment to T&E..and this question was raised by me to the auditors.....their response to me was that our product (returnable packaging systems) would NOT constitute a "complex manufacturing system" My take on it is this...if you manufacture products with numerous components...with complex manufacturing processes, such as electro-mechanical systems...robots, etc. than the CPM scheduling applies.....the auditors were kinda vague on this subject.....as with many others in the T&E supplement.,.. I think it is indicitave of the general MIS-understanding, and subjective interpretation we are growing accustomed to in regards to QS-9000. My gut tells me that the next 6 months are gonna be REAL interesting in the QS arena.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for your reply. I suspect this falls into the common sense category.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F How can we track the delivery performance of each supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
M Supplier Rating Form with Quality, Cost, Delivery wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B Do I evaluate my supplier when he doesn't have delivery in that month? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
somashekar Definition SMOI (Supplier Managed Owned Inventory) delivery terms - Pros and Cons Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
S Supplier Risk Check Sheet based on Quality and Delivery needed Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Gabble Supplier delivery of same material to different manufacturing locations - PPAPs Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
I Post-delivery activities - How do you describe for a 2nd or 3rd tier supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Approved supplier list for R&D ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M SemaTech SSQA Standardized Supplier Quality Assessment - my favorite tool ever Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D Supplier Quality level category help - high level ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Supplier Controlled Shipping (GM CS1) Condition Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L Supplier within the Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
F Supplier Quality Assurance Job Openings - 8/2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
P Understanding DFMEA and PFMEA - Supplier Related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S Can assembly manufacturing sub-supplier be certified IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M How Supplier Capacity check is done by competitors Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
G Supplier management when the supplier is your headquarter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Supplier wants to perform pre-qualifications prior to every run instead of locking in parameters. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Minimum Supplier Certifications for Food Supplements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
B AS9100 8.4.1 Supplier Selection/Evaluation criteria and reevaluations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
T Difference between a subcontractor and a supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
NDesouza Verification of Supplier RCCAs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
L How to deal with an ISO 13485 Supplier Audit nonconformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
P Supplier Audits in the wake of COVID-19 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Vendor (Supplier) Evaluations and Reports Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
F Is there such a thing as 'Critical supplier' status under the Dept. of Health (UK)? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
A MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Supplier flowdown verification of tests and revisions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 0
B Supplier of design and manufacture process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
S Software for Supplier Charge back and internal PPM General Information Resources 2
R IATF/IAOB Red Supplier Pilot Program IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
S VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) upgrade to PSCR VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
S Process Map for Supplier Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
D Licensee as a Supplier on the ASL Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
R Definition Key Supplier - Definition of Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 7
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10