Supplier Development Process failed - Question regarding sub-suppiler audits

• Thread starter Sergio Muniz - 2011
  • Start date
S

Sergio Muniz - 2011

Hello to everybody,

I have a question regarding sub-suppiler audits

Last week I had a follow-up ISO/TS audit and an NC was raised for the following reason:

"Process of supplier development failed" - The reason is that the auditor found that many of my sub-supplier 2nd party audits are done by the Corporate Office (Europe) and I do not physically go and audit them, I just receive the reports and keep track of the results.

Questions:
1) If my Corporate Office in Europe is doing the audits, do i need to include them in the scope of my certification?
2) Would i need to physically go and audit them at their locations?

Thank you and have a great day

SM

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Process of supplier development failed

Questions:
1) If my Corporate Office in Europe is doing the audits, do i need to include them in the scope of my certification?
2) Would i need to physically go and audit them at their locations?

It depends. Do you have customer specific requirements that demand you do it or does your procedure say you will do it? If so, you are certainly busted.

If not, then it deserves some further investigation why it would be a problem.

S

Sergio Muniz - 2011

My procedure states that these audit reports are sufficient to provide evidence that both my own QMS requirements and any CSR are satisfied.

I've never had any problems with any of my customers, in fact they understand and accept the way our system is structured and encourage us to continue with this practice.

But still, the ISO/TS auditor (BSI) stated that since the audits were performed by another location which is not recognized by them in my scope of certification, it is not enough and require actions to improve.

SM

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

Why have you said you will audit them , if they are ISO 9001 then there is no need to audit them.

When he says scope does he mean support site?
Do you have any support sites?

There is no reason why you cannot outsource the auditing.

Please can you post all the finding so we can see it and then I can give a better answer.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Why have you said you will audit them , if they are ISO 9001 then there is no need to audit them.

When he says scope does he mean support site?
Do you have any support sites?

There is no reason why you cannot outsource the auditing.

Please can you post all the finding so we can see it and then I can give a better answer.

Thank you Howard! Glad you chimed in. I was also thinking about ongoing monitoring of their suppliers.

Yes, it would be very helpful to see the entire nonconformity statement + the requirements that were violated (internal, external, CSR's and ISO/TS).

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Process Validation, NPD (New Product Development), and Supplier Management Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
P Training department ideas and development for automotive supplier Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
H Supplier Development - Distributors only? The new GM Standards IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
E IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.5 - Supplier Development Type and Extent IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.3 - Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 59
V Supplier Service Level Agreements (Supplier Quality Development) APQP and PPAP 2
Manix Supplier Control and Development Presentation for a Job Interview - Input Requested Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
optomist1 Definition Supplier Quality Assurance vs. Supplier Development vs. Field Quality Engineering Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
C Efficient Supplier Development and Problems with Buyers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
Q Supplier Quality Management Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
B Supplier Development - TS 16949 Flow Down Requirements - Tier 2 Supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
B Supplier QMS Development - TS 16949 Clause 7.4.1.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
P Supplier Quality Improvement or Supplier Quality Development? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
C Supplier Quality Development Strategy - How can we convince the supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
A Supplier Development and Management Procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
M Supplier Development - How to buy off on tooling and material qualification APQP and PPAP 2
A Looking for Supplier Development Presentation Material - Do's and Don'ts Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
N Supplier Development Approach Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
Sidney Vianna SI 5 06 - ISO/TS 169494:2002 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 42
B 7.4.1.2 Supplier QMS Development - customer waiver letter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
P TS16949 vs. AS90001 - 7.4.1.2 Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
O Supplier Development of Small Suppliers - DCX CSR 4.1.5 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
A Supplier Development Requirements - TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 46
T Non-conformity - Not performing Supplier Development on one specific supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
J Supplier Quality System Development - Control by supplier over subcontractors Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 17
D Supplier QMS Development - Tier 3 integrated circuit supplier to automotive Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
C Supplier QMS Development - Clause 7.4.1.2 of TS 16949 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 14
S What are TS16949 requirements regarding supplier development for tooling suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
S Supplier Development Procedures and Flowcharts Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
B Supplier Development - Cited for 'no evidence of subcontractor development' Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
D Interpretation for supplier development clause 7.4.1.2? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
B Diversity Supplier Development requirement - Minority Owned Business - How to comply? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
Q Customer's Interpretation vs. TS16949 clause 7.4.1.2 Supplier Development Requirement Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 70
S Supplier development program suggestions wanted Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
T 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
D 7.4.1.2 Supplier Development Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
K TS16949 & Supplier Development - To which suppliers does this requirement apply? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
K TS 16949 Clause 7.4.1.2 - Supplier Development and ISO 9000 Registration Requirement Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 22
A Are You Meeting Subcontractor (Supplier) Development Requirements? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
J Approved Supplier List and Subcontractor Development Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 13
Howard Atkins Is supplier development one way? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
D Complying with TS 16949 and QS-9000 Supplier (Subcontractor) Development Requirements Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 43
A ISO 9001 Clause 4.6.2 - Subcontractor (Supplier) Development Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 48
Q AS9100D Approved Supplier List requirements and how to apply Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
R Customer Listed on Approved Supplier List (ASL) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
F Change in address for critical supplier - does NB need to be informed? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 19
GStough Audit Nonconformances (?) for Suppliers Not Registered to ISO and No Supplier Quality Agreement Exists General Auditing Discussions 24
C Supplier Audit - Looking for a quality audit checklist General Auditing Discussions 3
L Supplier Performance when your supplier is also the customer ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
L Supplier performance evaluation Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8