Supplier Development Process failed - Question regarding sub-suppiler audits

• Thread starter Sergio Muniz - 2011
  • Start date
S

Sergio Muniz - 2011

Hello to everybody,

I have a question regarding sub-suppiler audits

Last week I had a follow-up ISO/TS audit and an NC was raised for the following reason:

"Process of supplier development failed" - The reason is that the auditor found that many of my sub-supplier 2nd party audits are done by the Corporate Office (Europe) and I do not physically go and audit them, I just receive the reports and keep track of the results.

Questions:
1) If my Corporate Office in Europe is doing the audits, do i need to include them in the scope of my certification?
2) Would i need to physically go and audit them at their locations?

Thank you and have a great day

SM

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Process of supplier development failed

Questions:
1) If my Corporate Office in Europe is doing the audits, do i need to include them in the scope of my certification?
2) Would i need to physically go and audit them at their locations?

It depends. Do you have customer specific requirements that demand you do it or does your procedure say you will do it? If so, you are certainly busted.

If not, then it deserves some further investigation why it would be a problem.

S

Sergio Muniz - 2011

My procedure states that these audit reports are sufficient to provide evidence that both my own QMS requirements and any CSR are satisfied.

I've never had any problems with any of my customers, in fact they understand and accept the way our system is structured and encourage us to continue with this practice.

But still, the ISO/TS auditor (BSI) stated that since the audits were performed by another location which is not recognized by them in my scope of certification, it is not enough and require actions to improve.

SM

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

Why have you said you will audit them , if they are ISO 9001 then there is no need to audit them.

When he says scope does he mean support site?
Do you have any support sites?

There is no reason why you cannot outsource the auditing.

Please can you post all the finding so we can see it and then I can give a better answer.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Why have you said you will audit them , if they are ISO 9001 then there is no need to audit them.

When he says scope does he mean support site?
Do you have any support sites?

There is no reason why you cannot outsource the auditing.

Please can you post all the finding so we can see it and then I can give a better answer.

Thank you Howard! Glad you chimed in. I was also thinking about ongoing monitoring of their suppliers.

Yes, it would be very helpful to see the entire nonconformity statement + the requirements that were violated (internal, external, CSR's and ISO/TS).

Stijloor.

Top Bottom