Supplier Lab Requirements/Calibration Services

C
In QS-9000 Section II, under the Ford specific requirements (page 70), Ford says that 4.10.6 and 4.11.2b1 DO NOT apply to Ford suppliers.

In Section II of TE, under the Ford requirements (page 16), there is a list of sections that are found in QS 9000 Ford specific requirments, but do not apply to Ford specific TE requirements. Since the section of QS 9000 in question (supplier laboratory requirements and calibration services) is one of the sections that does not apply to Fords' TE Suppliers, it appears to contradict the statement in QS 9000. So, my question is: If interpreted as stated, does this means that 4.10.6 and 4.11.2b1 DO apply to Ford TE Suppliers? (We know that can't be what they intended to state because it's illogical to exempt the parts guys from this and still require the tool guys to do it, right? )

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
My opinion is that the QS (Third Edition) on page 70 is sufficiently clear to 'assume' the TE supplement (Second Edition) page 16 omitted the QS9000 4.10.6 and 4.11.2.b.1 exemption either by calculation (intent, maybe because they were already addressed in QS9000) or by mistake. Technically I see no contradiction. I would claim the QS9000 4.10.6 and 4.11.2.b.1 exemptions per Ford requirements on page 70 if I had a reason to do so.

However, I will say what I tell everyone - call your registrar (project manager or your assigned auditor) and ask what they want. As we all know, different registrars quite often see things differently. Some may not agree with me, but they would be hard pressed to do anything other than 'dance on the head of a pin' about the significance in the situation. It's a quick and easy call to ease the mind. Document the 'advice' they give you (who, time and day of call, etc.).

B

Bryon C Simmons

I agree with Marc on this one........call your registrar...the advice is free..just make sure that any questions that you raise with them, be sure your systems are in compliance when theay visit.....it has been my experience that they may target your questioned areas during the audit.....keep us posted.

Bryon

D

Dan Indish

As a Ford Tooling & Equipment Supplier, we have had discussions with Ford executive management on this subject. Executive management responsible for purchasing TE Supplier EQUIPMENT(TE-9000 management)say this is NOT a requirement.

Middle management responsible for buying SERVICES (QS-9000 management) for this equipment say it is.

Ford executive management has explained that this is part of their internal bureaucracy that needs to be straightened out, so they are currently enforcing this requirement which is written in Ford procedures.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Supplier audit of ETO Sterilization Lab - Need a checklist or advice Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Approved supplier list for R&D ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M SemaTech SSQA Standardized Supplier Quality Assessment - my favorite tool ever Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D Supplier Quality level category help - high level ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Supplier Controlled Shipping (GM CS1) Condition Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L Supplier within the Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
F Supplier Quality Assurance Job Openings - 8/2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
P Understanding DFMEA and PFMEA - Supplier Related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S Can assembly manufacturing sub-supplier be certified IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M How Supplier Capacity check is done by competitors Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
G Supplier management when the supplier is your headquarter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Supplier wants to perform pre-qualifications prior to every run instead of locking in parameters. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Minimum Supplier Certifications for Food Supplements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
B AS9100 8.4.1 Supplier Selection/Evaluation criteria and reevaluations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
T Difference between a subcontractor and a supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
NDesouza Verification of Supplier RCCAs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
L How to deal with an ISO 13485 Supplier Audit nonconformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
P Supplier Audits in the wake of COVID-19 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Vendor (Supplier) Evaluations and Reports Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
F Is there such a thing as 'Critical supplier' status under the Dept. of Health (UK)? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
A MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Supplier flowdown verification of tests and revisions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 0
B Supplier of design and manufacture process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
S Software for Supplier Charge back and internal PPM General Information Resources 2
R IATF/IAOB Red Supplier Pilot Program IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
S VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) upgrade to PSCR VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
S Process Map for Supplier Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
D Licensee as a Supplier on the ASL Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
R Definition Key Supplier - Definition of Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 7
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
M Risk Classification For Supplier - Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 3
shimonv Rigid rules for handling supplier audit findings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
G Supplier Checking With Gauge Pin Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
R AS9100 DELTA FAI - Sub-supplier for plating changed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
P IATF 16949 8.4.2.4 Supplier Monitoring IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2