Supplier Monitoring - Meeting the requirements of TS 16949 Clause 7.4.3.2

Andrews

Involved - Posts
We are monitoring overall rating (70% of quality rating and 30% of delivery rating) and delivery rating every month. We are sending this to suppliers for corrective action when performance is poor.

For the other factors like customer line disruptions, premium freights , customer notifications we are planning to record this if any against that particular supplier.Does this meet the requirements of 7.4.3.2.

This clause also requires organisation to promote supplier monitoring of manufacturing process.How do you interpret this.

D.Scott

Inactive Registered Visitor
Sounds to me like you have a system to monitor supplier performance. I assume the system is deeper than what you say on the surface. Do you consider response time, corrective actions, cooperation, customer service, flexibility, innovation and other items or just pass/fail quality and on-time/late deliveries? The requirement is that you monitor your suppliers performance and use the indicators listed. If you do that, you meet the requirements. IMO there is a lot more to customer/supplier relationships than simply maintaining a scorecard. TS gives you a minimum requirement but there is a whole world past that.

It is easier to control the quality of your supplier's product while the supplier is making it than inspecting, testing and controlling it after it arrives at your company. The idea of promoting supplier monitoring is to know the quality before it is shipped to you. Helping your supplier to develop areas of inspection, testing, etc. that will ensure your quality requirement is met before it leaves your supplier's shop not only increases the likelihood of good quality, it eases the burden of inspection and testing at your dock.

Dave

lday38

Inactive Registered Visitor
definition and tracking of customer disruptions

I am looking more at the clause of the TS16949:2002 stabndard regarding cusomter disruptions and field failures. My thinking is any part that fails at a customers or our custmers' customer is a field failure? If this is so isnt the field failure at the level 1 customer more important. I want to relate the impottance in my tracking system. Also , customer disruption is when a field failure occures and production is stopped because of the field failure. Or is it when all the work has to go another operation such as sorting 100% because of the field failure to prevent disruption. Can someone clearly state this for me? And share their thoughts on tracking such.

My understanding of customer disruption, based on our CB auditors' interpretation, is an interruption of my customer's operation or my customer's inability to meet his/her own delivery schedule due to my external provider's quality or on-time delivery failure.

I was asked if this also applies to our failures as they affect our customer's operation due to our own internal quality or on-time delivery issues. While this would seem to be logical, what is the answer?:argue:

As I prepare to retire, I want to leave this organization with a clear understanding of CDs.

My understanding of customer disruption, based on our CB auditors' interpretation, is an interruption of my customer's operation or my customer's inability to meet his/her own delivery schedule due to my external provider's quality or on-time delivery failure.

I was asked if this also applies to our failures as they affect our customer's operation due to our own internal quality or on-time delivery issues. While this would seem to be logical, what is the answer?:argue:

As I prepare to retire, I want to leave this organization with a clear understanding of CDs.
Yes, customer disruption applies to your organization. If customer disruption is due to your organization's failure, it won't come under supplier monitoring.
But will come under customer satisfaction monitoring.

:2cents:

Thanks,
Amit

Top Bottom