Supplier not responding to PPAP request

Jafri

Involved In Discussions
My understanding of the PPAP process is that every time there is some change in a print, the PPAP should be resubmitted. If the change is minor then even just filling out Part Submission Warrant is enough.

So I asked one of our suppliers to submit the PSW since there is a print change for the part.
But even after several reminders the supplier has not sent it. Most likely thinking that it is nothing important.

What should I do in this case? How can I oblige them to send the PSW?

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

blackholequasar

Involved In Discussions
Is the supplier not responding at all when it comes to the PPAP (aka ignoring selective emails) or do they not have the capability to do it? In the past with smaller suppliers, I've found sending along a PowerPoint with instructions on how we need the PPAP filled out will sometimes help. Other times, I've had to issue a SCAR for their non-compliance. Unless, of course, I can go to a supplier who will provide the required documents. Then I remove them from the approved supplier list and tell them exactly why.

Jafri

Involved In Discussions
The supplier did submit initial PPAP. But now they are taking time since the revision change in the print is very minor.
They also don't have capability to do it. So I filled the form for them, and now I am only asking them to sign and return the document. But even then it is taking long time, which is annoying me.

I understand it is no one's priority. Neither supplier's nor our Purchasing's or Engineering's.
But I am stuck being Quality person to keep 'requesting' them in order to keep the paperwork up-to-date for the next QMS audit.

This is why I was wondering what else I can do besides sending them follow-up messages.

Jafri

Involved In Discussions
I hope this particular situation is resolved with emails and phone calls.
But I was more concerned about this being an ongoing issue in future.

As you said, I will see if PPAP is part of the contract. If not, I will have it added.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
is this automotive? No PPAP...No Payment...generally the rule is supplier must be fully PPAP'd and parts at the point of assembly (dock) on the MRD or material required date...(note terminolgy here varies from OEM to OEM) if not:

1) parts not PPAP'd must have...an IAA interim approval authority usually issued by the relevant engineer/customer
2) late deliveries, are usually reflected on the suppliers score card...and purchasing/PO has provisions to address the monetary aspects of this

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Suppliers not responding to Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
M Supplier evaluation Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
briteme4 ASL - AS9100 / Supplier Survey Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A System for Supplier Documents Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
T IMDS submission without supplier's input? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
D Supplier audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
S Distinction between a critical supplier and a Virtual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R AS9102 FAI Change in Material / Process Supplier AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
John Broomfield Five ways to botch your supplier management program Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
C Supplier survey - 200 to 250 duppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
J Where is the definition of a critical supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
U Approved Vendor (supplier) List Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
P Training department ideas and development for automotive supplier Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Software service provider as critical supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T AS9100D Clause 10.2.1g Supplier Corrective Action for each and every nonconformity? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Supplier protocol for the Quality Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
A API Spec Q1 Purchasing Process - Supplier Reevaluation based on Supplier Risks 5.6.1.4 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 17
D Approved supplier list - Distributors question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
E ISO 13485 QMS certification as a Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
G Supplier doesn't share drawings IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S Use of raw materials by two supplier CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Are Supplier Quality Agreements Quality Records ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
G Dealing with non conformity caused by Supplier Components detected in the production line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
G Supplier doesn't accept the complaints Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 20
K New supplier audit as per V3.1 by French Automotive OEM General Auditing Discussions 2
A ASL requirement when the supplier is certified for ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Approved supplier list for R&D ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M SemaTech SSQA Standardized Supplier Quality Assessment - my favorite tool ever Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Supplier Quality level category help - high level ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Supplier Controlled Shipping (GM CS1) Condition Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L Supplier within the Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
P Understanding DFMEA and PFMEA - Supplier Related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S Can assembly manufacturing sub-supplier be certified IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M How Supplier Capacity check is done by competitors Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
G Supplier management when the supplier is your headquarter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Supplier wants to perform pre-qualifications prior to every run instead of locking in parameters. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Minimum Supplier Certifications for Food Supplements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
B AS9100 8.4.1 Supplier Selection/Evaluation criteria and reevaluations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2