Supplier PPAP for Interim Materials - Oil to test functionality of finished product

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all
We are manufacturer of automotive gearboxes. At the end of production (assembly) line each gearbox is tested functionally (to be sure that there is no noise and any problem in gear selection and gear change mechanisms). For this test we charge some oil in gearbox and after the test we discharge oil from the gearbox. The oil is not a gearbox component and has no part number from OEM.
Recently we had third party audit and one of the auditors issued an NC for us as follows:
SPPAP is not available for some of suppliers e.g. Behran oil [supplier of the oil].
My question is that:
Is it required by ISO/TS that we shall get PPAP from suppliers for interim materials (such as oil in the above situation) which are not sent to customer as a product component?
It should be mentioned that the customer has no requirement for the above situation.
Thanks all

G

guruprasadb

Re: supplier PPAP

HI ,

is the oil special oil or general catalog item

Kindly refer to the applicability as mentioned in PPAP standard 4 edition , page 1

and for Bulk material refer to Appendix F in PPAP 4 edition Page 35

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Re: supplier PPAP

Hi
This oil is a general catalog item (SAE 30).
According to applicability section in PPAP manual, for bulk materials, PPAP is not required unless requested by your customer.
Our customer also has no statement about the situation.
What is your idea about the above NC?

G

guruprasadb

Re: Supplier PPAP for Interim Materials - Oil to test functionality of finished produ

i think you may discuss with your Auditor based on PPAP manual, there is a chance of postive reply.

K

KnoKsuKaO

Re: Supplier PPAP for Interim Materials - Oil to test functionality of finished produ

I think that the system mistakes at the first customer PPAP submission.

Did you advance to clarify whether the oil is part of the transmission means. it should be produced.

But that's just my opinion in terms of the position of the supplier.

Top Bottom