Supplier PPAP - Section 7.3.6.3. - Our company received a minor - Help

eddi0

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

Our PPAP process does not define PPAP for our supplier; therefore, we received a minor finding. We are a tier two supplier to automotive, does this matter? I have the latest edition of QS9000 - PPAP 4th edition. Please help define the neccessary steps to achieve this, if neccessary. If it helps we are a chemical manufacturer, not a piece part manufacturer. Thank you for your help.

Edward
:cfingers:

D

Duke Okes

Hello,Our PPAP process does not define PPAP for our supplier; therefore, we received a minor finding. We are a tier two supplier to automotive, does this matter? I have the latest edition of QS9000 - PPAP 4th edition. Please help define the neccessary steps to achieve this, if neccessary. If it helps we are a chemical manufacturer, not a piece part manufacturer. Thank you for your help.Edward:cfingers:

- TS clearly requires that you apply PPAP to suppliers if your customer applies PPAP to you

- It doesn't matter what the product or service is; PPAP is about the supplier demonstrating that they can meet your requirements before you release them for full-production

- You can decide what level of PPAP to use, depending on the specific product/service provided to you by each supplier

S

sunwen

Hello,

Our PPAP process does not define PPAP for our supplier; therefore, we received a minor finding. We are a tier two supplier to automotive, does this matter? I have the latest edition of QS9000 - PPAP 4th edition. Please help define the neccessary steps to achieve this, if neccessary. If it helps we are a chemical manufacturer, not a piece part manufacturer. Thank you for your help.

Edward
:cfingers:

I think you have to get the suppliers' PPAP before you perform run@rate.

I don't think you must get all suppliers' PPAP,but for the important suppier, you should know if they are ready to support you!! : )

eddi0

Starting to get Involved
Yes, I see where everyone is getting at.

Our only automotive customer is Delphi. Should we only PPAP the suppliers who provide us with raws that we manufacture products for Delphi? Would that be valid?

Thanks, E-DD

S

sunwen

Yes, I see where everyone is getting at.

Our only automotive customer is Delphi. Should we only PPAP the suppliers who provide us with raws that we manufacture products for Delphi? Would that be valid?

Thanks, E-DD

You are right!!!!!!

Sambasi

Involved - Posts
Regarding Supplier-PPAP,please see whether there are any customer specific requirements.If so, you have to follow them.

If there are no customer-specific requirements, then you can define what you want from your suppliers.Being in the second-tier in automotive supply chain,you may specify, at the minimum the following to your suppliers (for products supplied to you):-

1 Process Flow Chart ---> Submit
2 Quality Plan / Control Plan ---> Submit
3 Inspection / Testing Procedures ---> Retain by supplier
4 Control Chart & Process Capability ---> Retain by supplier
5 Traceability ---> Retain by supplier
6 Drawing/Specification Control ---> Retain by supplier
7 Certificate of Analysis for all shipments ---> Submit
8 Declaration of Regulatory compliance ---> Submit

You may verify the PPAP documents retained by the suppliers when you do second party audit with them.

Top Bottom