Supplier Process Audits - Creation of Reports

adisc

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

I would like to ask about creation of an audit's report. It was an audit performed in my Supplier's plant, focused on corrective actions related with last complaints. However, I have also checked whole process and would like to assess them. Our Supplier was informed about audit, they received audit checklist in advance and were asked for self-assessment. At this moment, I would like to prepare report and have some questions:
1. What deadline should be given to supplier to create action plan for any non-conformities found during audit?​
2. What deadline should be given for corrective actions implementation?​
3. When you rate Supplier in terms of specific audit point, what usually do you put to the comments, WI number related with the process, points from CP? I guess it is strictly related with the point, but is that mandatory to prove your point on the checklist with the specific evidence 'found' on the production line / documentation?​
Thank you in advance.

IMO, your deadlines will depend upon what the issues are and how the supplier chooses to address them. Some will be easy and done in a week. Some might take a year. More importantly is to develope a line of communication and follow up.

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello,

I would like to ask about creation of an audit's report. It was an audit performed in my Supplier's plant, focused on corrective actions related with last complaints. However, I have also checked whole process and would like to assess them. Our Supplier was informed about audit, they received audit checklist in advance and were asked for self-assessment. At this moment, I would like to prepare report and have some questions:
1. What deadline should be given to supplier to create action plan for any non-conformities found during audit?​
2. What deadline should be given for corrective actions implementation?​
3. When you rate Supplier in terms of specific audit point, what usually do you put to the comments, WI number related with the process, points from CP? I guess it is strictly related with the point, but is that mandatory to prove your point on the checklist with the specific evidence 'found' on the production line / documentation?​
Thank you in advance.
1. 30 days.
2. Leave it up to the supplier and if you need it sooner let the supplier know that the timeframe is not acceptable.
3. I always state the evidence for a finding.

I suggest you develop a standard for responding

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted
this is begs for a excel document with typically "five levels of importance", much of what you are asking depends upon where the Supplier and program are in the APQP process....VP, PS Launch post launch...this will in large part determine the urgency, importance and thus the timing for near-term, permanent CA...etc...

Top Bottom