We are only designing the product and the product is sent to a contract manufacturer. If I have to prepare DHF file then is it necessary to validate the supplier's manufacturing process? or I can just validate it over the incoming inspection? (Note: inspection is not 100%, its sample based)

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
We are only designing the product and the product is sent to a contract manufacturer. If I have to prepare DHF file then is it necessary to validate the supplier's manufacturing process? or I can just validate it over the incoming inspection? (Note: inspection is not 100%, its sample based)
So the product is yours as I understand...
As a final responsibility, what your contract manufacturer makes is upon you, and that includes the validation of the design as well as the process. You would have selected such a contract manufacturer.
The incoming inspection can serve the purpose of routine controls, but cannot replace validation.

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Somashekar is correct - it is whoever that has design authority that must ensure that a) the output of processes be 100% verified, or if not, b) the processes be validated.

Whether it is the contractor's responsibility to perform the validation or not will likely be part of the statement of work between you and the contractor.

Top Bottom