Supplier Quality Engineer Beginner - Potential Interview Questions

F

fortyfour73

Good day,

I am currently applying for higher position at work for the Quality Supplier Engineer opening we have.
Was hoping for some real world questions and problems/answers to help me with questions I may get.

I have ISO auditing experience,PPAP and the like, but need to get more in depth "conversational" situations to put together to explain the who's, whats, wheres and whens (i.e. where do you start on a particular issue, where to go with the data collected, etc.)

I really appreciate any answers. This position is exciting for me and am 100% commited to achieving the placement.

T

Tom W

Based on the title I assume you will be in charge of working with your suppliers when they are launching new jobs or fail to meet expecations for part quality...?

I think one of the most important traits for a supplier quality engineer is to remember that its a relationship that needs to be successful, the relationship between customer and supplier.

This can be done by driving high expecations, but also learning and teaching when applicable so the supply base and your own organiztion can grow together. The old school way of thinking is the last person to touch it caused the problem, go attack them.

That does not do much for a relationship. Your suppliers have to meet expecations, bottom line, but you can choose how the relationship goes, how it grows, and you can drive them to improve so your job is easier.

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
I've been the beginner supplier before now and a good sqe made the process much easier and I learnt a lot. That is what I believe the role should be. It means the sqe needs to know his/her stuff. I think the above poster is right, it's a relationship.

I

Ishkabibel

Hi,

I've performed supplier quality management (and have been employed as a SQE) for about 12 years.

I agree with other posted comments. I might add that the sort of questions you might expect truly depends upon the industry (medical, DOD, etc.) with which you're associated. For example, if you're applying for an SQE position within the medical device industry, you might want to be familiar with ISO 13485 and 21CFR820.50 (QSR). Also, you should be familiar with DQ, IQ, OQ, and PQ.

I've worked with suppliers across the US and internationally. Based upon my observations and experience, I consider the vendor-customer relationship is a key element of effective SQM.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom