Supplier (Vendor) Rating - What type of supplier rating system to utilize

B
I am trying to determine what type of rating system to utilize once I have received back the Vendor Survey form. Is there a standard numerical system companys are using? And on the average how long are Vendor Survey forms? The one we created is 15 pages long and pretty thorough. I would appreciate any examples.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
15 pages is awful long. You must have one heck of a lot of criteria. What ever happened to simplicity like quality system basis, price and delivery? If I got a 15 page form to fill out I'd be nuttin but mad! I hope it's in Word so folks can fill it out electronically.

See this Simple Supplier Evaluation form in the pdf_files directory. May be too simple for your purposes, but it's gotten a number of companies through ISO registration.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Staff Augmentation Vendor (Supplier) - Performance Evaluation (rating & index) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
G Implementing and Monitoring Vendor (Supplier) Rating - Spreadsheet? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
B Vendor (Supplier) Evaluations and Reports Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
Q AS9120 Vendor of ESD Monitoring Equipment needs to be in the Approved Supplier List? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
P Supplier (Vendor) Evaluation Criteria - IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.1.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Vendor Control for Customer Designated Supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
L What to look for in a Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation for AVL ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
O Vendor (Supplier) Responsibility - Re: Quality Audits 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
M Evaluating Vendor (Supplier) Products using SQC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Difference between Vendor List and Supplier List Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
M Documenting Vendor (Supplier) Issues Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
E What are Validation Requirements for Vendor (Supplier) Processes Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
H Medical Device Vendor (Supplier) Audits - Foreign Languages and Translations General Auditing Discussions 7
L Access to Hospitals - Vendor (Supplier) Credentialing Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
K Approved Vendor (Supplier) List and Supplier Evaluation Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 16
G Auditor Requirements - AS9100 Vendor (Supplier) Audits Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Using a Vendor's (Supplier's) Quality System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q Vendor (Supplier) Quality Plan vs. Our QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
I Supplier (Vendor) Contract Review Process Contract Review Process 11
M Do we need to conduct Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
P Calibration Vendor (Supplier) Performance and Expectations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
T AVL (Approved Vendor List) Supplier Listing - ISO 13485 Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
T Diversity Vendor (Supplier) Requirements for Tier 1 and 2 Companies Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
J Setting up a Vendor (Supplier) and Internal Audit System - Need help Internal Auditing 4
N Acceptance of Supplier to AVL (Approved Vendor List) - How long? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
D Template for Vendor (Supplier) Qualification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 26
N Vendor (Supplier) Notification template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
F Vendor (supplier) for ISO 13485 Medical Devices Co. minimum QA System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J New Vendor (Supplier) Certification & AQL Question AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
R Approved Vendor (Supplier) List contain Vendor Evaluation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
R Nonconformance Material - Return to Vendor (Supplier) Procedure Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
S Are vendor (supplier) quotes records that must be saved (controlled)? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 22
T Vetting a potential calibration vendor (supplier evaluation) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
K Auditing the Internal Vendor (Supplier) Management Process Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
F Vendor (Supplier) Survey template needed Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
Z Ring Gage Calibration Sizes Shrunk with New External Vendor (supplier) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
P Vendor (Supplier) Management in TS16949 General Auditing Discussions 4
S Auditor recommends better Vendor (Supplier) Auditing Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 20
S Is there a Vendor (Supplier) Preventive Action? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 9
R Approved Vendor (Supplier) if Customer Pays Sub-tier Shipping Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Should the term "Supplier" or "Vendor" be used within procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D How can a vendor (supplier) with no third party certification be approved? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
D Vendor (Supplier) Audit Form as a Controlled Form and as a Record Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
R Definition What is exactly meaning of word between "Supplier" and "Vendor" ? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
Steve McQuality How to Determine Critical Supplier/Vendor Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
A Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation of Service Providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Vendor (Supplier) Approval Procedure - Scope of the procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
G Vendor (Supplier) Satisfaction Survey questionnaire Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
Q Do I have to qualify my approved vendor (supplier) status? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2