Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Support Site Audit Question (TS 16949)

kbg1000

Registered Visitor
Hello, Cove!

My company just moved its headquarters to a larger building. The HQ has been listed as a support site on several manufacturing sites' TS 16949 certificates. There is no manufacturing activity at the HQ, just support services such as engineering, program management, sales, etc.

We have asked our CB whether an audit of the new location would be required and they are asking their HQ. But I would very much appreciate any opinions or experience that Covers have had in this regard. Thanks!

Hello, Cove!

My company just moved its headquarters to a larger building. The HQ has been listed as a support site on several manufacturing sites' TS 16949 certificates. There is no manufacturing activity at the HQ, just support services such as engineering, program management, sales, etc.

We have asked our CB whether an audit of the new location would be required and they are asking their HQ. But I would very much appreciate any opinions or experience that Covers have had in this regard. Thanks!
The CB could be satisfied if your organization shows how it managed this project of moving, taking into account the risks due to the changes ( e.g. systems, procedures, environment etc...), following project mgmt approach. Maybe they could plan a visit on the spot in the time frame that separate from the news ISO TS certification renewel audit. If not so far, this aspect could be embodied in the next audit as well.
A question for you: Is this larger buiding in the same town or is it in another country? Did you change something in organization chart aspect too?

L

lk2012

Hello,
I agree with the previous posts.
Because it's a non-manufacturing location, you might also want to discuss with your CB how the new IATF rules rev4 are going to affect the office.
Good luck
Lil

kbg1000

Registered Visitor
Thanks to all of you! Much appreciated.

To answer the questions, we are actually consolidating two support offices into one larger building in the same metro area (Detroit). We did not change the organizational structure because of this move. But the two formerly separate sites were listed as support for different manufacturing sites on their certificates. All the people involved in supporting all the manufacturing sites are in the new location, providing the same support they always did.

We certainly will have to be audited as part of the manufacturing sites'
audits; we are just thinking we should not need a special audit just because of this move.

Thanks to all of you! Much appreciated.

To answer the questions, we are actually consolidating two support offices into one larger building in the same metro area (Detroit). We did not change the organizational structure because of this move. But the two formerly separate sites were listed as support for different manufacturing sites on their certificates. All the people involved in supporting all the manufacturing sites are in the new location, providing the same support they always did.

We certainly will have to be audited as part of the manufacturing sites'
audits; we are just thinking we should not need a special audit just because of this move.
Consider the considerations in my post related to the risk management of this project. I presume it is an input in your mgmt review process that will be audited.
It is surely a change that you have effectively managed. You surely have all plan to be shown to the CB. However I presume that the addres of support site shall be changed in the certificate. In any case get in touch with CB to have details info for this and agree the plan.:bigwave:

Top Bottom