Surprise - And Hello - Just Checking In

J

JRKH

Thanks to all who responded. It was interesting after carolX contacted me, I got to looking at some of the old threads and it's surprising how some have kept coming back up. Just goes to show how the same questions/issues can keep coming up.

I guess the main reason I stopped coming by was that it seemed I didn't have much to contribute. Though I was still working part time from home, I was out of the day to day operations of quality and of course other things took presidence. Perhaps I will top by now and again, if for no other reason than to pick up or drop off a joke or two.

I am greatful to carolX though for reminding me. It's great to hear from the old names that I remembers so fondly as helping me with many a cunundrum over the years.

Peace
James

I guess the main reason I stopped coming by was that it seemed I didn't have much to contribute. Though I was still working part time from home, I was out of the day to day operations of quality and of course other things took presidence. Perhaps I will top by now and again, if for no other reason than to pick up or drop off a joke or two.
Hello there, James. :bigwave: Yes, please. Do drop in when you feel like it. You do have a lot to contribute, and just keeping in touch is a good enough reason anyway. I had a look at your album, btw. Thank you for sharing. :agree:

/Claes

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource

Hi James - thanks for sharing your photos with us!! And it is great to hear from you again.

I think you may have a lot to contribute - you were in the field for a long time. New fads will come and go but the basic principles are still the same.

Stay in touch and take care!!!

C

Craig H.

James, its GREAT to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your touching story. All the best for you and your lady!

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hii James, I do not know you but I am touched. Thanks for sharing and god bless. May god give you all the strength in your efforts towards your dear wife. Somashekar from India...

K

Kwilson

James,

Like was mentioned, you DO have quite a bit to contribute, primarily, you have reminded me of what is truly important in life, taking care of those we love.

Best wishes,
Kevin

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Nice to hear from you James! :bigwave:

My sisteris caring for our mother with Alzheimers, and I think you're both wonderful. :bighug: It is a heroic thing. I feel bad because I am not helping her - we are on opposite coasts. So when I hear her DVD player has broken, etc., I rush to send her a new one because with the economy as it is she barely has two spare nickels to rub together.

I am very glad you are able to take her to the Senior Center - I think it is very good for both of you, but of course you the most.

My heart is with you!

J

JRKH

Nice to hear from you James! :bigwave:

My sisteris caring for our mother with Alzheimers, and I think you're both wonderful. :bighug: It is a heroic thing. I feel bad because I am not helping her - we are on opposite coasts. So when I hear her DVD player has broken, etc., I rush to send her a new one because with the economy as it is she barely has two spare nickels to rub together.

I am very glad you are able to take her to the Senior Center - I think it is very good for both of you, but of course you the most.

My heart is with you!

I imagine that it is terribly hard for you being so far away. We were lucky with my Dad, that all of us kids were in the area. The furthest was less than 2 hours away.

From my experience talking with others, the best thing one in your postion can do is to be totally supportive of the caregiver and don't try to give too much advise fro a distance. Just give her a good ear to vent on and be willing to do whatever you can to help. :agree1:

Peace
James

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hello All,
The other day, to my surprise, I received a "friend request" from CarolX. It reminded me of my old friends here at the Cove and so I decided to post a quick hello and update.

Some will remember that I left my Job to care for my Dear Wife who has Alzheimers. That was in May of '07. Well two years into the journey, our struggles continue.
The first year was not too bad. We even attended her 50th high school reunion all the way up in Duluth MN. Had a great time. Even got to visit the house where she grew up.
Since then things have been in a prestty steady decline. At present she is physically pretty good, able to walk and so forth but pretty much "situationally unaware" and unable to form coherent sentences. She also hallucinates some, and was in the hospital for a couple of weks in January for this.
Since then she has been going to a Senior Day Care several times a week which gives me some down time and a chance to get things done. We call it her "work" and I tell her I'm going to work from there. Since she was a psych nurse for many years, this seems to help some.
The Center is absolutely Great!!! Wonderful caring people who work with her and "meet her where she is" in regards to moods and things like that. It gets her tired and she sleeps well at night.

Anyway just wanted to touch base.
Attached are two pictures - a beautiful portrait of my Lady from about 1977 or so, (Any doubt why I fell in Love with her???) and then a snap of us on a tour boat during the reunion two years ago.

Peace
James

Thanks for the update, and it's good to hear from you. It's hard to say anything that might be helpful when things like this happen, but if moral support is worth anything, you have a lot of it here. :agree1:

Top Bottom