Surveillance Audits under the ISO 9001:2000 version

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hi All,

I seem to recall a post, somewhere on the boards, about Registrars, the 9K2K version, and the elimination of 6 month surveliance audits? Does this ring a bell with anybody, and is this the case.

Personally, I was a little disenchanted (sp) with this method....Primarily because the big selling point was....a new certificate at the end of the three years.

Can anybody help?

Thanks all,

CarolX

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Aaron Lupo

CarolX said:
Hi All,

I seem to recall a post, somewhere on the boards, about Registrars, the 9K2K version, and the elimination of 6 month surveliance audits? Does this ring a bell with anybody, and is this the case.

Personally, I was a little disenchanted (sp) with this method....Primarily because the big selling point was....a new certificate at the end of the three years.

Can anybody help?

Thanks all,

CarolX
As far as I know Registrars are still suggesting the 6 months surveillance schedule (unless you require under 2 days a year), however, Continous Certificates are not allowed, you will need a full re-cert at the end of three years.

Now with that said, I know most people would rather have the 6 months as apposed to a year so their system does not get out of control. We all know how it is most people in the company ignore the system until about 2 weeks before your audit, so that would mean 50 weeks of chaos with a yearly schedule. If you go yearly you also run the risk of going past 12 months for some reason or another which puts your Certificate in jeopardy or at the very least would require the Registrar add time to your audit. here is something I stated before, see if your Registrar will let you go to a 9 month schedule.

I brought this very thing up in a different thread (earlier this month, or perhaps late last month). But I can't remember which one. You might want to do a search. Someone mentioned that if the registrar performed so much audit time during a certain time, the registration could continue, but I'm not sure.

Wish I could be more helpful.

A

Aaron Lupo

Here it is:

It is legal to have certificate w/o a expiration date,

It is legal to have a continuous reassessment

But it is illegal to have a registration without a 3 year reassessment

make sense.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
knew I wasn't loosing my mind

Dave,
Good to know that I am not totaling loosing my mind....I thought I saw a post by you a while ago on this subject....Thanks.

ISOGuy,

Thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for.

We all know how it is most people in the company ignore the system until about 2 weeks before your audit, so that would mean 50 weeks of chaos with a yearly schedule
Now...ain't that the truth!!!!!:frust:

CarolX

CarolX said:
Dave,

Easy to find this on a search when I was sure who posted it.
......LOL how about 6 days ago.....growing old is fun!!!!:vfunny:
YOU might be getting old, but I've been senile all of my life!
C Emmons respons is the one I was thinking that would explain it all (assuming the post is correct).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F API Spec Q1 9th Edition Surveillance Audit - Questions about internal audits. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 23
C ISO 9001:2008 Surveillance Audit - No Internal Audits Internal Auditing 9
K Compliance vs. Surveillance vs. Re-Certification Audits - Differences General Auditing Discussions 3
L Time between AS9100 Surveillance Audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Can a suspended CB still conduct Surveillance Audits? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
N Frequency of Management Review Meetings pre- and post- Internal & Surveillance Audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
Q Surveillance audits by lead auditors Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 22
D Facility Closing - Continue Surveillance Audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S Internal Audits Schedule vs. Surveillance Audits Schedule General Auditing Discussions 4
L Surveillance Audits for ISO 9001:2000 - defined intervals ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Surveillance Audits - Annual or Semi Annual? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
F Grace Period - QS and TS Surveillance Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q ISO 9001:2015 man days for surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
N Post Market Surveillance Package Example Wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Post Market Surveillance for Class II Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
H Post-market surveillance strategy EU Medical Device Regulations 1
classical_quality AS9100 Surveillance Audit - advice on drafting strong responses AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
B Procedures for Complaint Handling and Post Market Surveillance EU Medical Device Regulations 7
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M Informational Creating a post market surveillance (PMS) system for medical devices – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
E Post Market Surveillance Standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
M Informational Paper on open access – EU postmarket surveillance plans for medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
T Post-Market Surveillance Plan - Requirements outlined in Annex III (1.1b) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Y Post Market Surveillance Indicators and Analysis method EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Post Market Surveillance Plan Template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
F Vietnamese Post-Market Surveillance Requirements for a medical device in Japan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Post Market Surveillance and Annual Product Review in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Informational EU Review and assessment of market surveillance activities 2014-2016 – Medical devices sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Joint Action On Market Surveillance Of Medical Devices (JAMS) Releases Progress Update EU Medical Device Regulations 0
supadrai Auditing Organization dragging their heels on issuing our MDSAP Surveillance Audit Confirmation Letter - everyone is nervous ... are we the only ones? Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
M Medical Device News Health Canada Notice of intent: Strengthening the post-market surveillance and risk management Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device News EU - List of national market surveillance authorities by sector and country EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Y Time gap for First Surveillance Audit of AS9100D after initial certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
D IATF 16949 surveillance audit frequency IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
SK13485 Do you have a Medical Device PostMarket Surveillance Plan? EU Medical Device Regulations 11
W Surveillance report along side an NCR program Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
Q Surveillance Audit of 2008 before Transition Audit to ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
K EU MDR - PMS (Post Market Surveillance) SOP - definition of "register(s)" EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S An auditor asked for a Post Market Surveillance Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
S Surveillance Sampling Test - Determining Sample Size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
T Proactive / Preventive Post Market Surveillance question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M ISO TR 20416 Medical Devices - Post-Market Surveillance for Manufacturers Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
S Merging Post Market Surveillance and Complaint Handling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
shimonv FDA guidance on Postmarket Surveillance Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S Post Market Surveillance procedure/ SOP Medical devices Imported Legacy Blogs 0
J0anne Effects of Strengthened Surveillance of Notified Bodies in 2015 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Industry best practice about Post-Market Surveillance and Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
S Korean Post Market Surveillance and Recall Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Presence of Authorized Representative during Surveillance Audit EU Medical Device Regulations 1