Survey or Statistics on the use of OHSAS 18001 Worldwide

Henria

OSH Officer
Hi

I understand your point about this document which was published by a british standards body and which is known in so many countries. But why systematicaly take away a part of its identification ?

But regarding my question about the relevance of these statistics for the OHSMS in a company, do you have a reply or comments ?

Bye.

T

tigerfan51

Thanks Sidney - the OHSAS project group survey results were just what I was looking for. :) The only thing that could be added from my perspective is a breakdown of the countries represented - similar to the way ISO breaks down their stats. (BTW - I still haven't figured out how to get comperable AS statistics from the IAQG OASIS database that another responder suggested re my AS post - any further guidance you can provide Sidney on simiar AS statistics would also be useful).

Henria - I often show the results of the latest ISO survey to my audit clients as a bit of an update on what is happening in the ISO and management systems worlds. The annual ISO survey does not have OHS or aerospace statistics and many of my clients are either interested in OHS/AS or already certified to those standards. So the reason for my request is to be able to provide clients some additional management systems certification statistics, beyond those in the annual ISO survey.
In some cases I am encouraging clients to consider developing an 18001 compliant OHS when they already have a mature/well functioning EMS. These stats show them how prevelant the various management systems standards are becoming.

Henria

OSH Officer
(Hi Randy ! It's difficult for to satisfy your question because I don't understand it in general, and I don't know the word "takling" in particular)

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
I understand your point about this document which was published by a british standards body and which is known in so many countries. But why systematicaly take away a part of its identification ?

What are you referring to "systematicaly take away a part of its identification" ?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
images

Henria

OSH Officer
Hi !

OK Stijloor I understand, thanks.

Randy, I just wonder why so systematically remove the two letters "BS" in the name of this world famous british standard regarding OSH ? (the other BS one [BS 8800] is better but less well known)

It seems normal to me, simple intellectual rigor, to raise this standard with coting his exact reference. In addition, users of this standard can thus show their gratitude to the BSI body to create it (especially if they prefer this foreign standard, rather than using their own national standard) ..

Cordially

Top Bottom