Suspension in OASIS - AS9100 Certification and its Registrars

Those who are interested in AS certification and it's registers,have a look in OASIS.

Finally,a big player is marked in red for their deeds (good/bad).

Organisations certified by this one may take care and be wise this time by not selecting a CB on assurance of sure certification.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Re: Suspension in OASIS

ANAB's website has a page that lists accreditation suspensions since 2001, and a brief reason behind the suspension of the registrar. A registrant candidate can see for themselves if the potential CB's they are considering have ever been suspended or how many times (as in this case) a CB has been suspended.

In the AS ICOP Scheme, a registrar suspension has deeper implications. According to the IAQG Resolution # 47,
"For AQMS certification bodies that are suspended but not withdrawn/expired from the ICOP process the following requirements shall be met.

- The suspended certification body shall continue to perform required surveillance and re-certification audits.

- The suspended certification body shall not issue any new certifications. Re-certifications may be issued by the suspended certification body with approval by the CBMC and/or AB.

- The suspended certification body shall notify all of its AQMS clients of its suspended status within one month of suspension.

- Certification body suspensions that exceed six months in duration shall be reviewed by the SMS."
The clock started ticking September 9th. 441 notices to be sent.

Samsung,
You can go to this link https://www.sae.org/?PORTAL_CODE=IAQG,register yourself.Once you enter into the site,you would find different categories in the left.Click on list of CBs and you will find the list of CBs with their accreditation status for AS only.If you are intersted in other issues like list of auditors,AS certified organisations etc,you can click accordingly.If you click on list of auditors,you may find many Elsmar friends.

Sidney has mentioned a very important link.Pray,other CBs also have same listing for public view.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

ANAB's website has a page that lists accreditation suspensions since 2001, and a brief reason behind the suspension of the registrar. A registrant candidate can see for themselves if the potential CB's they are considering have ever been suspended or how many times (as in this case) a CB has been suspended.

In the AS ICOP Scheme, a registrar suspension has deeper implications. According to the IAQG Resolution # 47,
The clock started ticking September 9th. 441 notices to be sent.
It all sounds very ominous, but let's maintain a sense of perspective about registrar suspensions.

I understand [though not necessarily sympathize with] the situation with "financial" reasons for suspension.

"Nonconforming," on the other hand, is frustrating because it can be for relatively innocuous technical flaws in the operation of the registrar or, [very scary] because the registrar and its auditors could be incompetent or even fraudulent in the actual audits of registrants. If that is the reason, why on earth would the registrar be constrained to keep performing audits????

What it boils down to is that current registrants of a suspended registrar AND prospective registrants MUST engage in a frank interview with the suspended registrar to determine whether the suspension for "nonconforming" is a signal to look for a different registrar or merely a "blip" like suspension for "financial" which could just mean something as innocuous as a check lost in the mail.

(Of course, deciding whether the registrar tells the truth is a different question entirely, since neither ANAB nor OASIS will give those details to even the registrants affected, leaving it to the registrars, themselves, to 'fess up to the registrant/clients. Customers of the registrants are left completely in the dark unless they maintain a cross-index of suppliers and their registrants and check it frequently against OASIS or ANAB notices.)

What it [suspension for "nonconforming"] does NOT mean is that a registrar, even those with a history of multiple suspensions, should be vilified without knowing the complete details behind the suspensions.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

What it [suspension for "nonconforming"] does NOT mean is that a registrar, even those with a history of multiple suspensions, should be vilified without knowing the complete details behind the suspensions.
I don't see it as vilification, but rather as a risk mitigation approach. If I am a (potential) registrant, would I like to be associated with a CB with a history of suspensions, which could affect my relationship with my customers, or others who are able to maintain their accreditation status in good standing?

Sometimes, where there is smoke, there is fire...:mg:

Sometimes, where there is smoke, there is fire
I thought to change your statement litlle bit from my personal experience.Where there is smoke-there is fire/was fire/will be fire.Atleast one situation is related to smoke.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

I don't see it as vilification, but rather as a risk mitigation approach. If I am a (potential) registrant, would I like to be associated with a CB with a history of suspensions, which could affect my relationship with my customers, or others who are able to maintain their accreditation status in good standing?

Sometimes, where there is smoke, there is fire...:mg:
I thought to change your statement litlle bit from my personal experience.Where there is smoke-there is fire/was fire/will be fire.Atleast one situation is related to smoke.
Help me understand what you both infer by the "smoke" and "fire."

1. Any factual data on a supplier losing a customer BECAUSE of which registrar it uses?
  2. Do you infer that a supplier using a "tarnished" registrar is somehow ALSO tarnished?
  3. Do we have factual evidence that a once-good supplier deteriorates BECAUSE he has a "tarnished" registrar?
As I wrote in another thread, I looked harder at the documentation systems of suppliers who used a certain registrar, but I felt confident my own due diligence caught sloppy record keeping (my primary concern.) Certainly, not even a majority of suppliers using that registrar had poor record keeping and I had no data to determine whether the shortfalls I did encounter had been audited by the same individual, which was a good probability since the suppliers were in the same geographic area and industry. Hence, what I ascribed to the registrar 15 years ago, could have all been attributable to a single auditor hired by that registrar as a free lancer.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Really interesting. According to some views, not only certification of a supplier's quality management system against a standard is irrelevant, the certification process is irrelevant, the accreditation process is irrelevant and now, an Industry Controlled accreditation scheme is irrelevant.

For many others, despite the shortcomings, the process adds value. Otherwise, how could one explain that, after almost 2 decades of accredited certification we have close to 1 million ISO 9001 certified organizations? After 7 years since the inception of the OASIS database, we have over 13,000 certificates listed. Some people obviously believe the certification process can add value in controlling the supply chain. Far from perfect, but value-added.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
P The suspension rule and de-registration rule for a certified organization Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
somashekar About NB suspension and CE certificate validity EU Medical Device Regulations 12
S Suspension Status - Rules 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K AATT 9101E/9101:2014 - Suspension of all AATT 9100,9110,9120 classes and examinations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Certificate Suspension Necessary in case of No Production? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B Suspension of ISO 9001 Certificate - Major Nonconformances Identified ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
E Our CB is on suspension - What does this mean to my company? Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
C Classification of device - frontalis suspension sling 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
W Toyota Issues Recall - Problems with the front suspension World News 5
Steve Prevette A Work Suspension Vignette Registered Visitor Articles Archive 4
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
E Participation required in OASIS and IAQG? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna High number of certificate suspensions in the IAQG OASIS database AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
Sidney Vianna FAA and DCMA to leverage OASIS data to assist in planning risk-based oversight audits Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
M What is considered an "Audit Day" for OASIS AEA application? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D Pasting table on OASIS new database AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
D OASIS and Auditor Entering Data - Where is the authority? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
Marc IAQG-OASIS - 9101:2016 Form 4: Cause Code Listing Now Included in Form AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Questioning legitimacy of CBs if not in IAQG-OASIS Database - AS9100 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
N What is the meaning of Suspended in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B Supplier Certificate Suspended in OASIS - Do we need stage 1 and 2 to reinstate cert? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
T Review of OASIS Feedback - Note on Management Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D IAQG OASIS - New tool to calculate Audit Time AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G How much time must pass after the first Certification Audit for us to appear in OASIS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
Sidney Vianna OASIS Modification To Manage Auditor Type (AEA/AA) For Each Authentication AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R OASIS Database Fees - How much are you paying your CB? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
F OASIS Database "Certified" Suppliers Status Question Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
J AS9100 Rev.C - First OASIS Entry for AS9100 Rev.C Certified Companies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
J OASIS: IAQG Auditor Reporting AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J OASIS Information for Lead Auditors AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
C OASIS Complaint - The right way to file a complaint against a CRB AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
T Witness Auditor - Should they be listed on both OASIS and RABQSA auditor listings? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Sidney Vianna SAE OASIS Database - June 2021 Status AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 18
Sidney Vianna OASIS database - deadline for setting up an administrator is fast approaching AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna OASIS Feedback Loops - New stakeholders can be reached now. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
A AS9100 vs. AECMA vs. Oasis (Online Aerospace Supplier Information System) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna OASIS Database Search - Top 20 AS91X0 registration certificates - CRB's AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
G OASIS Database at a per-entry cost of $500 - SAE Money Grubbers (AS9100) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
M Can we combine AS9100 and DO-254 certification? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
O Should a Covid vaccine and testing policy be included as part of ISO9001 or AS9100 risk management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A AS9100 - 7.1.5.2 In-House Calibration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 25
H AS9100 D - 8.1.2 Configuration Management for Build-to-Print Service Provider AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Transferring AS9100 to new Legal Entity AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
M Lapse in AS9100 Certificate AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D AS9100 News AS9100 Rev. E? Any news? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M Software verification and validation AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Z AS9100 Control of Nonconforming Outputs - Rework Dispositions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
briteme4 ASL - AS9100 / Supplier Survey Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Crusader AS9100 7.5.2 NOTE Approval methods identified AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8