SUV, truck owners get a big tax break - Revisited

D

Don Palmer

Well, I just could'nt resist. This was a hot topic at work today. See this old USA TODAY article to refresh your memory.

I'm pretty certain that anyone able to swing a deal like that can also afford todays gas prices.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

There are restrictions on how a vehicle is used if deducted for business purposes, mainly to restrict personal use and meet requirements of the auto insurance companies. Most of us pay a sales tax on a vehicle but I don't know if that is deductable among the states or the feds.

Personally I believe there should be no sales tax or business deductions. Some people believe that businesses pay taxes, but businesses are set up to make money therefore all taxes are rolled into the price of whatever goods we purchase.

I seem to recall that businesses (trucking companies) have a special permit to buy diesel at a discounted rate from the posted pump price. This is also unfair in my opinion as the use of diesel fuel in personal vehicles (better milage) does not get the same discount.

Get rid of all government intervention in everyday business and personal matters!:nope:

By the way, gas is fluctuating between $2.69 & $2.99 per gallon weekly here in Lapeer, MI.

Al...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
Muleskinner said:
I'm pretty certain that anyone able to swing a deal like that can also afford todays gas prices.
Yup - I think Arnold Swartzwhatever has something like 8 Hummers. The folks that can afford them typically can afford the gasoline.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crusader SUV "buyback" ! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 15
Marc Ford's newest SUV is B-I-G - Tentatively called "Everest" World News 0
Marc Ford is introducing an Aluminum F-150 Pick 'em Up Truck World News 1
M OSHA Requirements for Fork Truck Training Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
Q Standards or Specifications required for Garbage Truck Compressors Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
Stijloor IMDS - Is a Truck Industry Parts Supplier required to register? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
J Which chapter in Quality Manual will best fit this form (truck reservation)? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
Stijloor Ford has 2 finalists for car, truck of the year. World News 3
T Shipping / Receiving Forklift Truck Work Instruction Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
K PPAP for Truck Industry - What is involved with a Level 3 PPAP APQP and PPAP 2
S Heavy Truck 4th Edition PPAP forms needed APQP and PPAP 1
S Engine Control System - Severity of an engine failure ('dies') in a truck or bus FMEA and Control Plans 17
D Heavy Truck QMS Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
Marc ISO 14001 in Transportation (Truck) - Small to Medium Transportation Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 36
P Shipping by our own truck as part of an FMEA - Where FMEAs should end FMEA and Control Plans 6
M ISO 9001 Truck Transportation Position (Job) Description Career and Occupation Discussions 1
D Truck Industry Part Submission Warrant APQP and PPAP 6
M Third Edition PPAP for Truck OEM APQP and PPAP 3
C Multiple owners for one listed device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A ISO 13485 - Internal Auditor Independence and Process Owners ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Process Owners signing Internal Audit Reports Internal Auditing 6
R Reorganization - Some New Employees were placed as Managers over some Owners Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
F Can a Process have two owners? Companies merged ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
L ISO/TS 16949:2002 Certified company with new owners and name IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B Additional site to be included in TS Cert. (Common owners & some functions) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K One site reporting to several business owners ? How to structure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
F Process Owners and Process Documentation which Affects Multiple Departments Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
A ISO 17020 system owners - please share your experience General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Top Management are the owners and are complete jerks - When the crowd is gone ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Marc Intel-Macs owners now have an official second OS option - Windows XP After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 10
Wes Bucey Quality versus "delight" - Low complaints but few "raves" by vehicle owners World News 16
T New division / Different owners - Quality policy - Different signatures/logos/header IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3