SVHC Lead - Communicate in the supply chain under Article 33 of the REACH Regulation

C

carladu

Hello, everyone,

Lead was included on 27.06.2018 as an SVHC substance under Article 59(10) of the REACH Regulation.
I have a question:
How do other companies deal with the direct obligation to communicate in the supply chain under Article 33 of the REACH Regulation?

All composite products containing, for example, products made of free-cutting steel, brass or aluminium containing more than 0.1% lead are affected.

salute
carladu

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: SVHC Lead - Communicate in the supply chain under Article 33 of the REACH Regulat

Hello, everyone,

Lead was included on 27.06.2018 as an SVHC substance under Article 59(10) of the REACH Regulation.
I have a question:
How do other companies deal with the direct obligation to communicate in the supply chain under Article 33 of the REACH Regulation?

All composite products containing, for example, products made of free-cutting steel, brass or aluminium containing more than 0.1% lead are affected.

salute
carladu
Hi we use SVHCs here I had nightmares getting the information from our suppliers, so I was determined not to cause the same issues downstream from us . As soon as I got the information I prepared a statement and put it on our website for customers to download or I email them a copy on request. I also on request supply them with the information we received from our suppliers to show the reason why we say we are compliant. So far I have had good feed back from our customers as the information is readily available and concise, its only about half an page in large font.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Biocompatibility - ISO 10993 and SVHC Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
Q REACH due dilligence and meeting the ever moving SVHC target RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
T Mercury is covered under RoHS but is not a substance of very high concern (SVHC) ? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
smryan SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) Declaration List Update Notices RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
T Difference between IMDS, RoHS, REACH-SVHC, Material composition declaration certs. RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 14
G New SVHC's - The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) June 18 added eight substances RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
I REACH - New SVHC list? New substances to be placed on the candidate list? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
Q SVHC (Substance of Very High Concern) Declaration for Packaging Material RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
chris1price REACH SVHC Candidate List & DEHP (Di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
M BSI 13485 Lead Auditor Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
K Becoming a Trainer for ISO/AS Lead Auditor and AATT Courses Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
J Automated test lead switcher? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 0
R ISO 17025 Lead Assessor Training ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
Q Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 31
Crusader ASQ AS9100 Lead Auditor Training Career and Occupation Discussions 27
Sidney Vianna Job Opening in the USA - IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Position Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
R Lead auditor scenario (Need help) is this non conforming to ISO13485 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S How to shorten lead time since developing to PPAP1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Sidney Vianna Food & Beverage Safety Lead Auditor Open Position - USA Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
Ed Panek Very Long Lead Times for Components (Electrical) Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
M Best accreditation body for AS9100D Lead facility auditor? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D Lead time to schedule an ISO 13485 audit General Auditing Discussions 2
S Detachable lead wire in ECG IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
R Not every INCIDENT report will lead to a corrective action EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M ECG lead leakage currents - How to specify ECG leads during electrical safety testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
B Lowest cost way to pass Lead Auditor exam ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Through-Hole Electronics - Checking Lead Length Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
M Tips on preparing for IATF 16949 Internal Lead Auditor exam Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Gun46 ISO 9001 : 2015 Lead Auditor Exam General Auditing Discussions 16
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 42
R ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam paper Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
T Qualification testing of Lead acid batteries Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
qualprod Monitoring of lead time - Good KPI identification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
F Position of Quality Manager - Can the organization's Quality Lead be shown as Quality Manager of the lab as well? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
A ISO 9001 lead auditor as Full time career India Career and Occupation Discussions 2
GreatNate ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Course? (who to take with) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
J Your opinion on the better training org for IATF16949 Internal auditor and Lead Auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Environmental Management System Lead Auditor Competence ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
G Gear Profile & Lead Report Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
V Software as control or protection will lead to different Software Safety Class? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 18
T Online IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Course IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Q Advice on selecting an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Course ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
GoSpeedRacer Pre-Work and Study for ISO 13485:2016 Lead Auditor Class ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Q KPIs - Lead and Lag Indicators - ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
T Can a Lead Auditor Train other Auditors? Internal Auditing 4
C ISO 13485:2016 - Internal Auditor Training vs. Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12