SBS - The best value in QMS software

Swimlane Diagram for Internal Auditing System - Anybody using this?

abhipatel

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

Anyone has prior examples of swimlane diagrams for internal auditing system?
Please help me out as am trying to create one and an example would be of great help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

harry

Super Moderator
The Wikipedia reference-linkswim lane I know of is normally used for flow charting. Maybe it can be used for audit purpose, I've not seen one - you'll have to see how you want to present or organize the information.

A

ab001

A process flowchart where functional responsibility is divided into lanes (columns, rows). Peter gives a great example.

It can be called many things (I think deployment chart is popular in automotive)

IT folks have actually codified it in Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
A process is represented by a pool (a box with "pool-ish" dimensions)
The pool is divided into lanes (responsibility asignment)

My ignorance rears it's ugly head,

Please explain what is swimlane?

Al...

Peter Fraser

Trusted Information Resource
Is the swimlane made in excel. Could you provide the template? Thanks - Stefan
Stefan

We use our own software (Promanade) - you can draw it in Excel or Word, but pagination is difficult and each flowchart is a separate file, which makes it difficult to define a set of processes in one system. It is a common format in the oil and gas sector in the UK.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Swimlane von Prozessen - Swim lane of processes Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
E Insulation diagram for ECG monitoring and diagnosis system. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S APQP Relationship Diagram APQP and PPAP 2
Jimmy123 Example of a P-Diagram for Process FMEA - Uncontrollable noises FMEA and Control Plans 39
J Microsoft Smart Art Turtle Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
Jimmy123 P-Diagram vs DFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
M What are the differences between "Process Flowchart form" and "Process Flow Diagram form"? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
U ISO QMS System Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
K Turtle diagram or process interaction chart - Making it easier for an auditor Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 23
O How to create robustness checklist from p diagram FMEA and Control Plans 9
N Process Flow diagram steps for inspection and packaging APQP and PPAP 4
E Process diagram and intranet communication software Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
O Example of Turtle Diagram with Risk/Opportunities General Auditing Discussions 1
S Who compiles the Critical Component List, Insulation Diagram etc.? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
K Documented Information Turtle Diagram IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Has anyone created a Turtle Diagram reflecting the new ISO 9001:2015 Structure? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S I want to learn Fish-Bone Diagram Analysis Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 14
C IT Internal Audit Turtle Diagram example wanted Internal Auditing 3
S How to create an Audit Checklist using a Turtle Diagram Internal Auditing 9
S Preparing a Turtle Diagram for Maintenance Department Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
R 510(k) Draft Guidance issued: 2011 vs 2014 - Appendix C. 510(k) Process diagram gone US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
N Question on 3D-Contour Diagram in Minitab Using Minitab Software 4
A Can the BOM in SAP be used in lieu of process flow diagram? APQP and PPAP 7
S How can I make a Process Flow Diagram for APQP process Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
T Software for linking Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA and Control Plan APQP and PPAP 9
Q Problem Solving Techniques - 5 why or Fishbone diagram ? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
T Turtle Diagram or Procedure Requirements Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
W Hach 5 Pin Connector Pinout Diagram needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Process Flow Diagram -> PFMEA -> Control Plan Linkage IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
N Insulation Diagram for Water Tub IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
Q What is a Turtle Diagram used for? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
S IEC 62304 Software Process Diagram IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
tony s Is Turtle Diagram an ISO/TS 16949 Requirement? General Auditing Discussions 20
J Help in Process Auditing - Turtle Diagram Examples Internal Auditing 2
Manix MS Visio Turtle Diagram Template wanted Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 8
B ISO9001 Process Organisation Diagram - Does this make sense to you? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R Determining Working Voltage - Drawing a Medical Device Insulation Diagram IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
R Length Out of Specification - How do I perform Cause and Effect Diagram? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
T How to use a Turtle Diagram in Internal Auditing? Internal Auditing 4
A Do you have a Turtle Diagram for each Core Process? Turtle Diagram Question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 49
Z Process Map or Turtle Diagram - Which tool to use in my TS-16949 system IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
6 Simple Flow Diagram with CCPs for Processing of Raw Fish Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
R Control Plan Flow compared to Process Flow Diagram APQP and PPAP 6
Z Turtle Diagram Content Troubles and Questions Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 13
D TQM (Total Quality Management) Diagram Software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
A Where should I reference my sample Process Diagram ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Template for Process Flow Diagram APQP and PPAP 5
A HACCP Flow Diagram for Powdered Milk? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
S Data Flow diagram for a Customer Complaint System - Help wanted Customer Complaints 6
S Root Cause Analysis & Cause and Effect Diagram Customer Complaints 5