Swimlane von Prozessen - Swim lane of processes

Qualygirl

Involved In Discussions
Hallo;
Gibt es Erfahrung über die Verwendung von SwimLane Diagramm?
Gruß Qualygirl

Hi there;
Is there any experience of using SwimLane Diagram?
Greetings Qualygirl

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Qualygirl,

First pioneered in the deployment or swim-lane format by Myron Tribus to illustrate the essentials of any industrial processes.

Swim-lane representations of processes show the interactions of activities (work) and the entity, department or person doing the work as necessary to fulfill the objectives of the process.

They clearly show who is responsible for each activity and the authorities for making decisions. They show the flow of information, materials or subassemblies. They also show who creates each record, where it can be found and to whom data or info are visible.

Of course, hyperlinks are used to link to other docs that are useful to the success of the process.

My clients prefer Teamflow over Visio because purpose built TF is much faster and easier to use and keep it to date. Most use their deployment flowcharts, supplemented with “how to docs” as necessary, to replace their documented (textual) procedures.

Hopefully, Google translate will work better on my answer than it did on your question.

Best wishes,

John

Qualygirl

Involved In Discussions
Translation with Gooogle Translater
Hi there
thanks for the information,
1.) The advantage / disadvantage of SwimLane / Flowchart is still unclear to me.
When should you choose which shape?

2.) What is the recommended structure of a process description around the above representations

Greetings Qualygirl

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
May I refer you again to my post #4.

Before you choose to use Teamflow you should contact them to answer your questions because since my retirement they’ve redesigned the software to work well (read only) on mobile devices.

TF included a standard palette of five shapes for:

1. Milestone or Process Objective
2. Activity or Task
3. Meeting or Exchange of Ideas/Info
4. Output or Product
5. Document

Other shapes may be user designed.

Flowcharts and shapes may be nested to show more detail with a double click. And all charts were quickly convertible to HTML or later format for web applications.

Good luck,

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Qualygirl

Involved In Discussions
Hi John
thanks for the information,
1.) The advantage / disadvantage of SwimLane / Flowchart is still unclear to me.
When should you choose which shape?

2.) What is the recommended structure of a process description around the above representations

Greetings Qualygirl

Top Bottom