SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

System for Supplier Documents

My company currently utilizes manually generated supplier documents such as SCARs, supplier agreements, pFMEA, controls plans, PPAP docs, etc. that get e-mailed back and forth with suppliers and this proves to be very cumbersome. Can anyone suggest any cost-effective software that could manage these types of documents? For example, we would like to utilize a system where we could input defect info for a given part problem then have it sent to the supplier for them to respond back with a root cause and corrective action, etc.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
My company currently utilizes manually generated supplier documents such as SCARs, supplier agreements, pFMEA, controls plans, PPAP docs, etc. that get e-mailed back and forth with suppliers and this proves to be very cumbersome. Can anyone suggest any cost-effective software that could manage these types of documents? For example, we would like to utilize a system where we could input defect info for a given part problem then have it sent to the supplier for them to respond back with a root cause and corrective action, etc.
Hi Anthony1000 :bigwave:

Have you looked at TrackWise, MasterControl, or something similar? These programs are capable of much more than just SCARs and could be worth exploring. I've also heard of companies using SharePoint.

I hope this helps.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Staff member
Super Moderator
We built our system ourselves on a Filemaker Pro platform (including FMP Server), which then allowed remote folks including vendors and customers to log in with access privileges we controlled.

Many ways to skin that cat...we chose to have the very granular access control of doing it ourselves.

I do not work for Filemaker, Claris or Apple.

Cthames

Involved In Discussions
Be warned that MasterControl has horrible customer service and will often find ways to charge you even more money for features that were supposed to be included initially.

med_cert

Involved In Discussions
Be warned that MasterControl has horrible customer service and will often find ways to charge you even more money for features that were supposed to be included initially.
Really? Is that you direct experience? We are just interested in MasterControl and TrackWise... or any other solution, but MasterControl seems quite nice...

med_cert

Involved In Discussions
Hi Anthony1000 :bigwave:

Have you looked at TrackWise, MasterControl, or something similar? These programs are capable of much more than just SCARs and could be worth exploring. I've also heard of companies using SharePoint.

I hope this helps.
Hi, do you have any experience with TrackWise or MasterControl or you know any company (size between 200-400 employees) that would use that kind of solution?
Thank you

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi, do you have any experience with TrackWise or MasterControl or you know any company (size between 200-400 employees) that would use that kind of solution?
Thank you
My previous employer used MasterControl across multiple sites (this was a large global company with well over 500 employees) for document management, CAPA, and training mostly. However, other modules are available for auditing, supplier management (SCARs, supplier audits, supplier scorecards, etc.), Nonconforming Material Reports (NCMRs), etc. I would highly recommend that if you choose to use MasterControl, be sure to get the latest revision and ALL of the available modules up front. If you try to go smaller, you WILL regret it. It would have eliminated so many headaches if my employer had just spent the extra money to buy all of the modules instead of trying to "piece meal" them. It's very difficult to add modules one at a time.

My current employer uses TrackWise, but I do not use it in my job function. However, my coworkers who use it in their jobs seem content with it.

I hope this helps. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Referencing to Supplier Outputs within our Document Control System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q New Casting Supplier System Assessment - What technical questions to ask? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
J Support and guidance with supplier quality management system Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
J IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.3 - Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 59
N Supplier Evaluation - Simplest System Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 33
R Broken Supplier Management System Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
I Legitimate Medical Device System CE Mark based upon Supplier CE Mark(s) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
T World Class Supplier Quality Alert System CAR/SCAR By Email Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
K System Audit for New Supplier Qualification Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
N Using a Vendor's (Supplier's) Quality System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A Starting Supplier Management System in a Company Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
J Supplier Quality Management System (QMS) Audit - Formal Documented QMS does not exist ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
Q Supplier Special Process System Assessments - CSR Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
B How to Capture Discrepant Material identified at Supplier in NC system Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J Setting up a Vendor (Supplier) and Internal Audit System - Need help Internal Auditing 4
F Vendor (supplier) for ISO 13485 Medical Devices Co. minimum QA System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Supplier Rating System Ideas and Suggestions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P Supplier Management System in MS Access Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
J Need Advice on Supplier Performance Rating System Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
F Supplier Rating System - Weighting low volume suppliers vs. high volume suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
W Supplier Quality Manual and Supplier Quality System Audit Format Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
F Review my Supplier Performance Measure and Rating System Procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
ScottK What do you think is the most invasive supplier QA system? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 17
A Producing a supplier audit system for my TS 16949 organisation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Developing a ISO/FDA Compliant Supplier Quality Assurance System - Medical Device Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
M Dock to Stock system used as a supplier performance review method Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
Sidney Vianna SI 5 06 - ISO/TS 169494:2002 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 42
L Sophomore Supplier Quality System QE - Medical Device Company Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P TS16949 vs. AS90001 - 7.4.1.2 Supplier Quality Management System Development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M Aftermarket and Big Three Supplier - How does this affect the quality system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Simple Supplier Evaluation (Appraisal) System examples Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
J Supplier Quality System Development - Control by supplier over subcontractors Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 17
A AS9100 vs. AECMA vs. Oasis (Online Aerospace Supplier Information System) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
H Supplier Quality System perfomance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
T 7.4.1.2 Supplier quality management system development Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A ISO 9001 Clause 7.4.1 Supplier Rating System - Seeking simple system example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 28
B Supplier (Vendor) Rating - What type of supplier rating system to utilize Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
S Searching for TOYOTA Floor Management Development System (FMDS) board Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
M Procedure for vigilance system according to new MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
bobdoering Most typical universal Quality System Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8
G Organizing internal audit program for an Integrated QHSE Management System Internal Auditing 13
K Bioreactor/ incubator system in tissue engineering EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D Integrated Management System Software Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
E System&Procedure pack or accessory EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J Informal vs formal scope creep... managing non-medical devices through system processes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Quality Management System Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
V Csv, excel format - audit trail file of HPLC system ( Empower, openlab, EZchrom or any other ) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
I Class VI certification on seals, o-ring and plastic for a WFI system Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
S MDR - System and procedure pack article 22 and all sub processes that apply ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0