Tall Manufacturer - VDA Audit - Which parts of the audit apply to us?

Moncia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello my Dear Brainiacs

I have a little dilemma I hope you can help me with

we have a VDA audit in two week

even though we are the company that is being audited, the audit will happen in our parent plant

my dilemma is - which parts of the audit apply to us - which to the factory

example - def the manufacturing processes, non-conformance, shipping, QC will be all theirs
but what about complaints, order processes - do i have to bring our procedures and work instructions to show compliance ????

if someone could help me figure out the split - that be fantastic

until now - all my previous jobs was one factory - one audit - piece of cake

here with the parent company - im confused

thank you all in advance
:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

QualitySpirit

Involved In Discussions
I assume it is VDA 6.3 and the audit will be performed by you customer.

Then the easiest way to look is what product you sell to this customer. They can only look at processes related to their products.

Peters

Quite Involved in Discussions
Did you get audit plan? I'm afraid you didn't...
Process Audit VDA 6.3 should take place in areas where the process is going on.
So "BRING our procedures and work instructions" seems to me pointless.

Kiran Walimbe

Involved In Discussions
I get an impression, that your plant is not a regular supplier to this OEM. Therefore, the audit will be a restricted one for Potential Analysis as per Process element P1. The easiest way to get to know, what auditing will take place is to buy the Red Book or the standard of VDA 6.3 (2016). The guidelines and the questioning pattern are spelt out loud and clear.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Purchasing a Portable CMM to Measure a 14' Cylinder that's 5' Tall Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
E Super Bowl XXXVI and Other Tall Tales Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 59
D Relabelling a component that will be sold as a spare part - Do I become legal manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Can a US manufacturer put export only products on a CFG? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L Sample Procedure from Contract Manufacturer Prospective ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
K Joint approval between OEM and Manufacturer on Design Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Legal manufacturer vs Actual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
U CFS and Legeal manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 6
I Is the contract mfg. mentioned in legal manufacturer EC certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
S Can a Contract Manufacturer "release" product on behalf of client to the market? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K 510K new manufacturer but same components Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Legal Manufacturer Medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
F How to register class I device to all European Competent Autorities(CA) when we are European manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Q Legal Manufacturer OTC Drug Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
A Interpretation of GMP Requirements for class 1 medical device manufacturer (device GMP exempt, only General controls applicable) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
A Legal Manufacturer of a medical device Vs Legal Manufacturer of MDSW EU Medical Device Regulations 7
H Who should be listed as the manufacturer/distributor on the box? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
H MDD CM, MDR manufacturer. 2020. Is it ok? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C FDA Establishment registration - Buying some medical devices from another manufacturer Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
R Impact of changing manufacturer post clinical investigation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
N Updating the website of the manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
A MDR Article 22 applicability - Legal manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 6
samarth IVD manufacturer and service provider ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Contract manufacturer MDR Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
J Complaints and not the legal manufacturer? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 20
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Is Harmonised EN 1041 (Information Supplied By Manufacturer) Worth Looking At? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
D Are we the manufacturer or relabeler? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Manufacturer address on the label Other US Medical Device Regulations 18
K Implant Card - Full Manufacturer's Address - Space issues EU Medical Device Regulations 4
D Manufacturer's agreement with their EU Authorized Representative EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational EU – Manufacturer incident report (MIR) for serious incident- template 2020 (Directives and new regulations) version 7.2 and related documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
A OEM branding - My interpretation of the LVD Directive makes us a manufacturer CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
J FDA Establishment Registration Foreign Manufacturer RUO only 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
G QMS requirements for legal manufacturer when outsourcing manufacturing process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 23
J IVD CE transfer to another manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Private Label Requirements, Manufacturer's Registration & Initial Importers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Reducing CE marking cost using manufacturer test reports CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
O Identifying KPI for AS9100 8.1.4 - Prevention of Counterfeit Parts - PCB assembly contract manufacturer AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
J US Manufacturer of Export Only Exempt Products applying for CFG 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
C Can a manufacturer (in South of Korea) have multiple Brazil Registration Holder (BRH) for same brend name? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
I Importer Address in addition to Manufacturer details on label EU Medical Device Regulations 13
C What if the foreign manufacturer of a medical device changes the Authorized Representative in Saudi Arabia? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Medical Device Master File - We are a contract manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
I 2017/745 (MDR) - Instruction for use (IFU) - manufacturer's website EU Medical Device Regulations 11