Tattoos - So I broke down this weekend and got my first tattoo

I

IEGeek - 2006

So I broke down this weekend and got my first tattoo. I was in the US Navy for almost 5 years when everyone was getting them and I never did. Now here I am in the real world with a respectable job and then I break down and do it (Sober, I might add)

I was very pleased, although you can not tell from the picture (cell phone camera is not great) the colors are bright, and he did a great job. I can see how this is addicting. I am already ready for another one, but alas I will have to wait for at least two weeks.

If you got tats, lets see them (only if in a spot that does not violate decency laws in your state, or on the Cove please) I am scared to death that Randy has one on his butt and will photo and send :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David Hartman

IEGeek said:
If you got tats, lets see them (only if in a spot that does not violate decency laws in your state, or on the Cove please):

Not trying to be a prude (your pic really does not offend me in any way), but I really would have to question whether this pic doesn't violate the standards set here on the Cove.
:caution:

I

IEGeek - 2006

Pic has been removed.

Sorry I meant no offense to anyone, I thought it was a classy 40's pin up gal.

R

Rachel

No tattoos here...

...as a woman, I am adamant that there really is no convenient place on my body to get a tattoo.

Stomach/chest - good luck with that if you want to have kids one day.

Arms/shoulders/legs/upper back - rules out a lot of formalwear. Strappy dresses and skirts don't do much to cover that up - and depending on your function, it may not always be appropriate to show off a tat.

Really, the only places that I can think of are butt (no thanks) and lower back - and still, with some of the dresses and cuts of clothing that are around right now, the lower back may not even be all that safe.

If I *did* find somewhere on my body to get one, it would have to be something meaningful - that I wouldn't regret when I'm 50. Little butterflies and hearts and stuff like that - nope. I mean, to each their own - just not my cup of tea.

:2cents:

I

IEGeek - 2006

Rachel said:
...as a woman, I am adamant that there really is no convenient place on my body to get a tattoo.

Stomach/chest - good luck with that if you want to have kids one day.

Arms/shoulders/legs/upper back - rules out a lot of formalwear. Strappy dresses and skirts don't do much to cover that up - and depending on your function, it may not always be appropriate to show off a tat.

Really, the only places that I can think of are butt (no thanks) and lower back - and still, with some of the dresses and cuts of clothing that are around right now, the lower back may not even be all that safe.

If I *did* find somewhere on my body to get one, it would have to be something meaningful - that I wouldn't regret when I'm 50. Little butterflies and hearts and stuff like that - nope. I mean, to each their own - just not my cup of tea.

:2cents:

Funny, my better half said the same thing. I tried to avoid the skulls, daggers, "dark arts" stuff. Something I would be proud of in 25 years but not afraid to show my mother if she wanted to see it (think typical straight laced Midwest WASP)

You know it is very popular now for ladies to get tattoos on their lower back that look like a pseudo-thong. Out here we call those Santa Barbara License Plates. How are those going to look when she is 75 and using a walker, that thong will look more like graffitti on a billboard :lol:

R

Rachel

IEGeek said:
Funny, my better half said the same thing. I tried to avoid the skulls, daggers, "dark arts" stuff. Something I would be proud of in 25 years but not afraid to show my mother if she wanted to see it (think typical straight laced Midwest WASP)

Note my piercings thread - I'd take a piercing over a tat any day. A piercing is removable with, at most, pliers. A tattoo is forever (or at least a good chunk of coin to remove!). But, as I say, there are a lot more options for guys than girls...

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Rachel said:
depending on your function, it may not always be appropriate to show off a tat.
I think that's changing, although I guess you still have to be careful. Yesterday I was at the Milwaukee County Zoo along with about 50,000,000 other people, and I was amazed at the number of tattoos, 95% of which were on women. While once considered strictly low-class, the old taboos seem on their way out, and why not? It certainly must be good for the economy, and if the current trend continues, I predict a marked increase in the number of tattoo artists applying for country club memberships.

I

IEGeek - 2006

JSW05 said:
... I predict a marked increase in the number of tattoo artists applying for country club memberships.

My "new" tattoo artist drives a pretty snazzy Porsche Carrerra. He is actually a pretty well know and well respected artist down here in my ghetto.

T

tarheels4 - 2007

ddhartma said:
I really would have to question whether this pic doesn't violate the standards set here on the Cove.
:caution:

I didn't think there was any standards in this area of the cove. Mr. Geek you took that pic off before I had a chance to take a peek. :(

Top Bottom