TE REGISTERED

B

Bryon C Simmons

Well, people, it is offical. We have just received our certificates in the mail. My employer is now listed among the TE registered firms. My pet project for 1998 has been realized. Tricky part will be maintaining it.

Is anyone aware of a complete listing of TE registered firms? Cant be very many at this point.

For all of those affected, (Damlier)Chrysler has mandated registration to TE by the summer of 2000.

This is going to get interesting.

Have a nice day.

------------------
Bryon Simmons
ASQ: CQE, CQA; CQMgr

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Congratulations!

I don't know where there is a listing of registered firms, though. Do post its URL if you find one.

Yupper - now it's keeping it up. But as you know, if everything was done right, it will for the most part maintain its self.

T

Tom Goetzinger

Out of curiosity, what certification is shown on your certificate. Is is QS9000-TE or TE9000 or what? Have ever seen a clear answer on this and now as long as someone actually has one, I can find out.
Congradulations on your certification.

B

Bryon C Simmons

Tom,

THe cert says :ISO 9001 Registered" (which we already were anyway, because of QS-9000, which we got in 1996)

and "TE Supplement Compliant".

Then it lists the latest dates of the standards, etc.

Pretty straightforward. Are you implementing the supplement? Please advise.

Bryon

T

Tom Goetzinger

Byron,
Yes we are in the process of going from no certification to TE, with ISO 9001.
I'm a bit confused by your certificate. As I understand it, registrars have been indicating TE compliant for a year or two, but that certification to TE was only recently available. How does your certification differ from what was available since the supplement was originally issued?

B

Bryon C Simmons

Tom,

I wasnt aware that you could receive "certification" to TE prior to now. I know that you were able to be audited to the standard, but actual "registration" is a new thing, as of about NOvember/December.

BTW, our cert states "QS-9000 TE Supplement Compliant" I left out the QS part in my previous response.

Bryon

B

Bryon C Simmons

Tom,

Well a few things here......first, dont worry about my name spelling....it looks like BYRON...is actually BRYON, and I will answer to about anything......

Our registrar is not Perry Johnson....we use Entela....who is most definetly on that list...I believe Entela was the first registrar to be allowed to issue TE registrations by the RAB, and that was just this past November or December.

Even our ISO/QS certificates say QS "compliant". I dont believe I have ever seen one that says QS "registered" THey all say "compliant" , and then the fine print will state that the firm has been audited to the current version of the standard, and in accordance with Appendix B. etc etc.

Bryon

T

Tom Goetzinger

Bryon,
Glad you are not using PJ. Entela is on my short list of registrars. Would be very interested in knowing who else you looked at and why you chose Entela.
Thanks for the clarification on the wording. Some to the certificates I have seen indictated that the registrar certified that the company met the specifed standards.

------------------

T

Tom Goetzinger

Byron,
You are correct in saying that you could not be certifed to TE prior to very recently, but some registrars have been indictating Compliant to TE on certificates for QS9000 for at quite some time.
You have indicated that your certificate indicates "Compliant", rather than "Certified". If I remember correctly, you are using Perry Johnson as your registrar; last time I saw the RAB list, they were not listed as accredited to do TE audits. That could mean either the list is not up to date (wouldn't surprise me) or that Perry Johnson is not yet certified (which wouldn't surprise me either) and that they may change your certificate from TE Complaint to TE Certified when they get the accreditation. If I were you, I'd check with them to see what their plans are.
IMHO

------------------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Searching Registered Medical Devices in Argentina Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Can a PLD Registered in only one state sell prescription drugs to one in another state Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
M DI format for UDI after we have registered it with GS1 Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Marc Conversations - Limitations for New Registered Members Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 8
Marc Old Registered Visitors "Pruned" from the Database - 20180916 Forum News and General Information 0
M Importing a Registered Class II Device, the Applying Our Label - Need New 510(k)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C First Aid Kit Compliance advice - Registered assembler with the MHRA EU Medical Device Regulations 1
supadrai Establishment registered as specification developer and foreign exporter only 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Colin Effectiveness of IRCA Registered Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
S Importer and Registered Place of Business in EU EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device Change Requirements - Malaysia Registered Products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
Crusader Who is registered to ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 96
Y Is CFDA registration required if the full system is registered by our distributors? China Medical Device Regulations 2
S Change of Medical Device Company Registered Address - Implications Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
R Does an Outside Steam Generator need to be Registered in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
F Fast Track Registration in Costa Rica for Medical Devices registered in Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
X Is in vitro diagnostic instruments not needed to be registered in India ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
O List of ANVISA Registered Companies Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
I Does my company need to be ISO 13485 registered? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Question on Device Listing for a FDA registered facility US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
Y Solidifier and Spill Kits in US - Why is it registered in EPA not FDA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
K Retrospective DHF for an old non-registered device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
P Other Company's Documentation - Registered as External Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
GStough Beating a Dead Horse?....ISO-registered or ISO-certified....THAT Is The Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S PAI (Pre Approval inspection) of European non registered site US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
T Requirement for each Company Plant to be AS9100 Registered? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
S Single Warehouse used by two different companies - One is ISO 13485 registered Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
B Registered Medical Device Manufacturer - Are documented job descriptions required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Databases of all the registered Medical Devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 6
M Managing Changes to an SFDA Registered Device China Medical Device Regulations 6
G "Registered Device " and "Listed Device" in TGA Registration for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
A Can an EASA approved MRO release (EASA release) a non EASA registered Aircraft? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
H Auto Service Repair Shops in Michigan that are ISO 9001 Registered ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
W Listing of ISO 9001 Registered Companies Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
K Look for a Registered Agent for API in Brasil Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
D What is the value of a fully registered Quality Manual? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
L Importing exempt Class I device from non-registered manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Update on Change Notification for Registered Medical Devices in Singapore Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
K Registering to AS9100 - Already ISO/TS-16949 Registered AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
W Time Line for getting registered to AS9100B AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
E List of Financial Organizations registered TO ISO 14001 in Europe REACH and RoHS Conversations 9
M Can Polyherbal Wound Healing Product be registered as a Medical Device? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
R New 13485 Registration questions - Currently registered to ISO 9001 and TL 9000 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Difference between Trademark and Registered Mark? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Is BP still registered to ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
T List of Medical Devices - Registered in Republic of Indonesia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
I Is there a list of ISO 13485 registered firms? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B ISO9001 Survey relating to numbers of companies registered ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Marc Signatures - Registered Visitor 'Signatures' - What is and isn't allowed Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0