TE Suppliers vs. Ford QOS

J

John Swartz

This question goes out to any TE'er involved with Ford, especially their Q1-2002 and QOS Checklist.

Ford has informed us they will meet with us to review our QOS Checklist for Q1 consideration. After reviewing the checklist it has become apparent that it was written for production parts suppliers. Where we manufacture painting and material handling systems, the checklist is about 95% useless to us. Process capability, APQP, PPAP, Premium Freight, etc. is not value added to us.

Our process is to measure and cut sheet metal, form it, weld it then install it. Of course we first design the systems to customer spec's, develop drawings, BOM's, cut sheets, fab papers, etc. During this process MFMEAs are developed and during installation TGR/TGW, FRACAS, etc. are developed in the R&M plan.

The question is this, "How am I to approach this QOS checklist?" and, "What should I expect from this meeting with Ford?" It's our first Q1 meeting with them. :confused:

My STA is either too busy to respond to my inquiries, does not want to do business with us, or is a ghost! I have e-mailed my STA until the 'SEND' key was worn out and left enough voice-messages that everytime I pick up the hand-set, the phone automatically dials his number!

Any help with this will be appreciated, especially from Claes, I think I saw his name somewhere tied to Ford QOS.

Thanks everyone.

John :agree:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B FORD CPA (Capacity Planning Analysis) User Guide for Suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 13
F Requesting Help in Identifying Ford Suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
bobdoering Survey:Toyota loses luster with suppliers-Ford has made strides in supplier relations World News 7
B FORD Supplier CQI-9 rollout letter, Oct. 16th, 2006 - Heat treat suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
P Ford suppliers - STA and FAO - How to divide between external and internal suppliers APQP and PPAP 3
V Ford 2nd Tier info - Ford is asking us for a list of all of our suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 29
Marc Ford to drop 1,700 suppliers - Ford restructuring Flowing Down Stream Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 50
A Ford Called Worst in Choosing Suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
S Suppliers - How "direct" is "direct"? Services DIRECTLY to Chrysler, Ford, GM Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
Marc Ford Transportation Suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
B General Motors and Honda Alliance - What does this mean to suppliers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Conflict Minerals - Tin Suppliers CMRT Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Reaction Plan To Drive suppliers to IATF 16949 registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
I Approved Suppliers ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and used test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
C Critical Suppliers for EU medical device approvals May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Who should receive the bills from suppliers and vendors, account payable or procurement? Consultants and Consulting 4
P Qualifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Nicole Desouza Are Shipping Companies Suppliers? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Painted cut threads - ASME Pipe Suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
G ISO 9001 8.4 applied to 7.1.3 - Suppliers of infrastructure requirements - IT and Print solutions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P IATF 16949 Clause 8.4.2.3 - Justification for non-certified suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
J Requirements for customer directed suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
R Supplier Controls we can place on Single-Source Suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 26
R ISO 9001 versus ISO 13485 for Suppliers to Medical Device Companies ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Critical suppliers (Definition of) and MDSAP (Medical Device Single Audit Program) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
P IATF 16949 - Monitoring Suppliers for Premium Freight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
DuncanGibbons Documentation aerospace OEMs require with purchase of parts from manufacturers/suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Supplier Controls for Animal Tissue Suppliers for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
optomist1 Survey of Tier 1 & Tier 2 suppliers APQP and PPAP 6
P Non-Active Suppliers on CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Suppliers re-classification from Critical to Significant or from Significant to Non-critical Supply Chain Security Management Systems 0
D Training for AS13000 - Problem Solving Requirements for Suppliers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
eule del ayre List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers APQP and PPAP 20
Q Does our material suppliers’ supplier have to be at least ISO 9001 certified? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N How to deal with catalog parts suppliers who refuse to submit PPAP documents? APQP and PPAP 0
S Outsourcing manufacturing - Who controls the suppliers of parts to the CMO? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Ed Panek Supplier Auditing - No purchases from our key suppliers in the last 24 months ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I IATF 16949 - 8.4.2.3 - Applicability to Shipping Suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
A MedAccred being flowed down to Suppliers (2018) MedAccred Industry Group Program 0
T What's the quality standard adopted by BMW for its suppliers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
S Do suppliers of prototyping components need to undergo supplier qualification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O ISO 13485 for software company - Selecting suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Are Medical device Raw material suppliers required to be ISO 13485 certified ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
qualprod ISO 9001 - 9.3.2 c) 7 is answer for 8.4.1? Performance of external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J How to verify the actual capacity of suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
D VDA 6.4 Audit checklist - Production tool suppliers VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1