Team Building Exercise - Training that boosts group motivation level

team buidling exercise

folks,

I'm planning to run a team buidling exercise for my team, as part of the motivation drive and creating the 'right environment' for ISO/TS16949 implementation.

This team building is part of the training that helps boosting the motivation level of participants.

Having said those, can anyone help me in 'designing' some outdoor activities for this ? Perhaps some of you have attended some sort of team building activities, and would like to share how a game is being played, and what to achieve...etc

Thanks in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
What you are wanting to do is commendable, but is it necessary? Couldn't you accomplish the same thing by motivating the players through showing them the value of your program to both the organization and themselves?

As for outdoor activities, keep it basic. Take everyone 100 miles out into the jungle. Give them a knife, a water jug, a sheet of plastic, no food, some matches (just a couple) and leave them for a week. The team players will be healthy and the loners will be in a sorry state. Those with natural leadership and teaming skills will show themselves and the sorry/lazy slugs will also stand out.

C

Craig H.

Randy:

This might not be the thread, but there are some who might be interested in the use of the items in that exercise. I remember it from Boy Scouts, but that was a long time ago, and I'm not 100% sure I still remember all of it. I do remember that the use of the plastic sheet for water amazed me.

Craig

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Outdoor and Indoor Team Building Program Suggestions Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
D Quality Team Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
S How to start with ISO process in project based team - Documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
C Neglect or legitimate deferral? Is excessive workload or lack of resources in a department or a team a valid root cause for a non-conformance? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
K AS9100D 8.4.1.1 external providers question - Walmart, Home Depot, our lawn care team. etc. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
K APQP Phase 3 - Team Feasibility Commitment APQP and PPAP 3
M Informational Team-NB published a press release regarding the survey run among its members to analyse the certificates being issued Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R How to SHOW the importance of checklists, through some team gaming or play? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 37
I ISO 9001:2015 - "Resources" - handled by leadership team? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Informational Team-NB published a press release regarding the capacities of notified bodies to meet the sector needs Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Team-NB publishes a press release regarding the designation process in the framework of the IVDR regulation – Regulation (EU) 2017/746 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Does a CDR (Critical Design Review) have to have a moderator that is unconnected to the team? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
M Medical Device News EU MDR – Information on stages in designation process from Team-NB Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
M Medical Device News NB-Med and Team-NB have jointly edited a white paper entitled “White Paper – One Year of Application” Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Position paper Team NB Statement - Patient safety EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 8
T ISO 9001:2015 Training for Management Team in NM - Seeking Suggestions and Providers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A What KPI's do you use at Shop Floor Level and Team Boards? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
W Connecting IndySoft MET/CAL Import Module to a Fluke MET/TEAM Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
Q IATF 16949 Strategy - Audit Team Requirement IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M Seeking opinion for ISO14001 team activity ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
D Could an Accountant be a PPAP team leader ? APQP and PPAP 2
C Implementing ISO 9001 - Getting whole team buy-in? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
J Employees regard the QA team as the "enemy" Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 20
P Supplier Scorecard for ISO 9001 - Help me review the draft from my purchasing team ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Can you Suggest KPIs for a Business Process Improvement Team? Pls. Benchmarking 4
J Is anyone here using Metcal / Met TEAM (8.1) Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
bio_subbu TEAM-NB Issues - FAQ related to Implementation of EN 62304 with respect to MDD IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Management Team "Actions" vs. CAPA (Corrective Actions) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
C Setup Time Reduction Project - How big should my team be? Six Sigma 2
C When do I select Team for Black Belt Project? Six Sigma 3
V Improvement Plan for existing QUALITY TEAM Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
Wes Bucey Is there an "i" in TEAM? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 16
K Recognition of team members in ways other than money? Customer Complaints 5
D PFMEA and Control Plan Core Team Changes FMEA and Control Plans 4
T QMR, EMR, OHSASMR should be manager or management team? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Auditing ISO 22000 - 8.4.3 Records of analysis by Food Safety Team Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
I Is it required to have a Lead Internal Auditor on the Internal Audit Team? ISO 14001 Internal Auditing 3
K Imposition of penalty to an employee or team for repetitive nonconformities General Auditing Discussions 22
S Quality Team Job Description and Organization Chart wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Assembling a Cross Functional Root Cause Analysis Team Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
Q What are the benefits of a Cross-Functional Internal Audit Team? Internal Auditing 14
T Implementing a Kaizen Team - Where Should I begin? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
E Internal Audit for Project Management Team - Construction Industry Internal Auditing 8
N Quality Team Production Target Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
V Live the Spirit of Team... Career and Occupation Discussions 9
K Assembling an ISO Steering Team ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Team Work Exercise examples to illustrate the importance of Team Work Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
A GM (General Motors) Creative Team Bid List - TS Code Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5