Telecommunications Standard TL 9000 - Willing to Help Others

M

Mark Kempf

Good Day Everyone, my name is Mark Kempf. I am the author of "The TL 9000 Guide for Auditors" published by the Quality Press in June 2001. I was responsible for TL 9000-based training for Nortel Networks' North America facilities in advance of the corporation's successful multi-site registration. I will be happy to answer any questions that members may have...just let me know via e-mail.

Thank you for allowing me to join the Forum...

Best to all,
mark

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Welcome aboard! I hope you'll lend a hand if anyone has any questions here as well!

I haven't seen much TL traffic here but you never know - it may pick up.

M

Mark Kempf

Marc said:
Welcome aboard! I hope you'll lend a hand if anyone has any questions here as well!

I haven't seen much TL traffic here but you never know - it may pick up.
I probably didn't state my intentions very clearly in my original message Marc...sorry. What I should've said was that I'd be happpy to lend a hand if anyone on/in the forum has an questions. Just let me know how I can help.

Best,
mark

D

Dbloom - 2010

Mark,

Great to see that someone with your experience and background of quality management systems and specifically TL9000 is contributing to this forum. You provided our company with some great advice while pursuing our TL9000 registration. I'm sure there may be more occations where I may need to tap into your knowledge. Keep up the great work :)

R

RosieA

Ok, I have one...

My company is currently ISO 9001, and may have to do TL9000 for a telecommunications customer of ours.

What are the major differences between the two standards?

M

Mark Kempf

Reply to Rosie

HI Rosie,
Mark Kempf here, and I'm going to try and answer your question. TL 9000 includes every ISO section/clause verbatim. From ISO, TL then become telephony-specific, bringing 80 + Adders (thats the word approved by the QuEST Forum) to the mix. They (the adders) are shown within the standard itself, and are divided into three auditable categories, to include: Common (noted with the letter C), Hardware (noted with the letter H), Software (noted with the letter S), and Services (noted with the letter V). You decide, based on your company's product mix, which type of registration you intend to persue. Common adders apply to every registration type. From there you will become registered to TL 9000-H, TL 9000-S, and/or TL 9000-V. Hardware regsistered company examples include Lucent, Nortel, Motorola. Software registered companies are those that design/develop and deliver software solutions. Services registered firms provide products such as contract installation. I'm getting wordy here, but a lot of your questions will be answered when you buy a copy of the standard. They've done a nice job of documenting the requirements. I guess the biggest difference is that TL 9000 registration REQUIRES the submission of Measurement Data to the QuEST Forum Administrator. These measurements include, but are not limited to: on time delivery, number of problem reports, fix resonse time, and overdue fix response time. You can buy the standards at the publisher web site which is: www.qualitypress.org. They are also available at amazon.com.

Hope I've helped.

Very Best Regards,
mark kempf
total logical concpets, inc

PS - please excuse any spelling errors. I just finished a 9 hour audit day

R

RosieA

Mark, thank you for the synopsis, especially after being on stage for 9 hours. That's exactly what I needed.
:thanx:

R

RosieA

Ok, Mark, I've been poking around on the Quest Forum website today. Is Quest Forum the driver behind TL9000? Where did Quest Forum begin? There's lots of ASQ particpation, did it originate at ASQ?

Thanks,
Rosie

J

jaimezepeda

Thank you Mark

Mark,

Thanks for offering help.

I only found this Forum 1 day ago. I have been searching for something like this for one year!

I posted a topic earlier but to a different section of the Cove. Here is the link to it:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8579

I am searching for benchmarking data. My organization cannot justify the cost of QuEST Forum membership.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Jaime E. Zepeda

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc TL9000 (Telecommunications) - Availability of the Standard TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 8
Sidney Vianna Informational TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and QuEST Forum Announce Merger TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
Marc What are TL9000 and QuEST (Quality Excellence for Suppliers of Telecommunications)? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
M Serial Numbers for Product - Common sense? Optical Components for Telecommunications Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
A Business Processes and QMS for Telecommunications Consulting Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Radio & Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive 1999/5/EC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
M Software Validation Processes - Telecommunications software Software Quality Assurance 10
J TL 9000 Registration Audit - Notes from the Field - Telecommunications TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 58
N What Is Telecommunications TL 9000? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
M ISO certified Mobile Telecommunications Operators ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
W ISO 9002 in small business that provides telecommunications service Service Industry Specific Topics 8
W Becoming ISO 9001 certified - Telecommunications and network services for military ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Price of Nonconformance (PoNC) - Telecommunications Service Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 4
A TL 9000 if you want to get into the TELECOMMUNICATIONS Manufacturing? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 4
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Anonymous16-2 SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) Numbering Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Ed Panek Compliance with Standards? When a standard is updated/revised CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
Skooma Deburring and Tolerances - Is there a Standard for deburring or removing material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
B Purchasing AS9100D Standard in Japanese AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
O In addition to the standard, what other ISO 13485 sources do people recommend? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
B ASTM E18-2020 - Rockwell testing standard changes? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Informational RoHS Standard - EN 63000:2018 to replace EN 50581:2012 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
M IEC 60601-1 1988 - Device developed in 2012 with standard of 1988 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Recent changes to ISO 14971 - SOP required for managing standard revisions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Cenelec updated standard information CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Is there a standard for sample size during R&D phase Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 18
J Standard used to determine if check fixture gauge is acceptable Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Question on whether IEC 60601-2-62 standard is applied IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
B Clause 5.1.12 of Technical Standard IEC 62304/A1 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M Viable count Measurement ISO Standard Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
I When exactly was "competence" added to the ISO-9001 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Managing specification changes on standard parts purchased through trading companies Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
MDD_QNA QR Code Standard ISO/IEC 15417:2007 - Does anyone use it? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Average and standard deviation of Cumulative Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
R Standard Filter for Calibration Colorimeter ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
B Standard for Dielectric Strength Test IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) Testing - What Standard to Use? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M Harmonised RED Standard ETSI EN 440 - Which Version? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
R QMS Standard appilications on different Defense Sector Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
B To detect the non standard variable IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J What is the minimum standard for automotive component traceability? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Need For BIS Standard Mark? Imported OEM's Power supply,Li-Ion Battery Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C On spontaneous but non-standard rankings FMEA and Control Plans 3
E Post Market Surveillance Standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
A IEC 60601-2-2 - Defib-proof test amendment to base standard IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
N Is there a standard / rules pertaining to eating in medical device manufacturing area? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Performance Standard for Balloon Trocars Other Medical Device Related Standards 2