Tell me where I can get FREE Calibration Software

I

IGORTS

Hi,

I need a calibration software, it woulb be great if someone could tell me haw can I get a FREE calibration software.

Regards

Bubba

Involved In Discussions
More information please

What are you going to use the software for? Do you need software to build a calibration database, keep track of scheduling, automate calibration procedures, document calibration procedures, calculate uncertainties, or what?

I

IGORTS

Hi

I´m needing a software that contains all the elements that you have mentioned:
calibration database,
keep track of scheduling,
automate calibration procedures,
document calibration procedures,
and calculate uncertainties.

I think that I downloaded a FREE software for these aplications.

thaks

G

Graeme

I do not currently know of any completely free software that would do what you want. I also do not know of any shareware (pay after you try it) software, although a few companies do have time-limited trial versions.

Assuming you have a computer system with general-purpose office software installed (Microsoft Office or equivalent) you can already do much of what you listed.
  • Calibration database: you can create a calibration record database using a relational database system such as Access. Remember that each tool must be undividually identified, and that each one may have many transactions of the same type. Or, a filing cabinet with a folder for each tool works, as well.
  • Calibration scheduling: this can be a reporting function of the database. Or, you could keep a separate file in a spreadsheet.
  • Document calibration procedures: a word-processor program can be used for this, and then Adobe Acrobat (separately purchased) to save them as digitally signed tamperproof copies.
  • Calculate uncertainties: you can use a spreadsheet program for this, if you are comfortable with the math. Or, this is the one function that does have an excellent free program. The current version of Uncertainty Calculator is available from a link on this page: http://metrologyforum.tm.agilent.com/download.shtml

Again, you may already have what you need to create your own system. A disadvantage of doing it that way is that it may be difficult to manage the interactions, and to control the use.

An advantage of a complete system is that everything usually works together. Another is that many of the commercial package developers are aware of ISO/IEC 17025 and are improving their products to meet new requirements. The biggest disadvantage, of course, is cost.

Automating calibration procedures is very specific to your installation. What you need depends on what your computer system is, some specific hardware in the computers, and the interface capabilities of your measurement standards. You will need to purchase specialized software - there are many that could be used.

Another consideration is that you must validate all software used to produce calibration results. Validation means that you must prove that the software you use produces correct results. This would specifically include data collection and storage, data reduction and analysis (including uncertainty), and the automation system.

[ :cool: If you do find a free software package that really does all of this, please let me know as well! :cool: ]

A

Al Dyer

Igor,

I guess one way or another you are going to have to pay for it. Use your current resources and design the databases and templates that are required. You might need some help with formulas and such, but all you ask for is available here at the Cove.

Al.,..

A

Al Weisenborn

I must tell you that I am the programmer for TrackPro calibration management software. The software is free for users of 150 items or less. It should meet each and every one of your requirements.

I also wanted to mention that version 2.0 has been released and that it contains many new and improved features. TrackPro has relocated to http://www.trackpro.org.

Best Regards,

Al

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Thanks for dropping by, Al. :bigwave: Welcome to the Cove:bighug:
Did you create the software or do you just work on it?
We hope you'll stick around and provide a valuable knowledge resource for us.

A

Al Weisenborn

Wes,

Thank you for the welcome. I have written every line of code in TrackPro, including the help file and the installation. This leaves me with no where to hide. Whatever warts or bugs the software are mine and mine alone. :eek:

From the design side, I have had a lot of great input from the users of the software. The users have also been a great help in debugging and testing. I will try to answer any questions the users of the forum may have.

Best Regards,

Al

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Al Weisenborn said:
Wes,

Thank you for the welcome. I have written every line of code in TrackPro, including the help file and the installation. This leaves me with no where to hide. Whatever warts or bugs the software are mine and mine alone. :eek:

From the design side, I have had a lot of great input from the users of the software. The users have also been a great help in debugging and testing. I will try to answer any questions the users of the forum may have.

Best Regards,

Al
I note in the readme file on the program:
TrackPro said:
TrackPro Help was designed to for use with the following
Microsoft 32-Bit Operating Systems:
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows/NT 4.0
Other operating systems are not supported.
Does this mean it will NOT run under WinXP?

A

Al Weisenborn

Hi Wes,

I must take responsibility for all warts. This was true in 1999 when the help file was originally written. However, I that statement got missed when I extensively updated the help file last year. :bonk:

Trackpro has been extensively tested under both Win 2K & XP with no functional problems. The application can also be run in network mode from a linux servers as long as some recent vintage of windows is installed on the client machines.

Thanks for the good catch. I will post when I correct the help files. Please feel free to send along any other comments.

Best Regards,

Al

Top Bottom