Template for Capability Study

N

narfeldt

Where can I find a template (Excel) for capability studies?

------------------
/Best wish Narfeldt

[This message has been edited by narfeldt (edited 07 June 2001).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

cygnusx1

If you have a "standard" sample / sub-group size, it's fairly straight forward to create an excel template.

If you'd like to let me have further details of what you're looking for, I'm sure I can create one for you.

Cheers,
Don

N

narfeldt

My problem is how to get a graph with normal distrubution. The graph should illustrate a straight curve then the process is normal distrubated. I don't know what it's name are for this in your countries, but in sweden we call it normal distrubution paper.
------------------
Best wish Narfeldt

G

Graeme

Originally posted by narfeldt:
My problem is how to get a graph with normal distrubution. The graph should illustrate a straight curve then the process is normal distrubated. I don't know what it's name are for this in your countries, but in sweden we call it normal distrubution paper.

I have seen normal probability paper shown in several references, but I have never seen the paper itself. (The x axis is in sigma, and the y axis is in median rank. Each axis is scaled so that if an exact gaussian "normal" curve is plotted the result is a straight line.) (Does anyone know of a source?)

I have not seen a way to do that in Microsoft Excel - and I just checked a big book on formulas and macros again to be sure. Lots of histograms and curves, but no normal probability plots. This may be because Excel is optimized for general-purpose business applications and does not have many technical or statistical features.

On the occasions where I have needed to use this kind of graph, I have imported the data into a statistical analyis and graphics program. (I use StatMost; there are other good ones as well.) I would think that most statistical analysis programs have this kind of plot as a standard feature -- they are specialized for this kind of work. If you don't have such a program readily available I think it is a good idea to get one.

------------------
Graeme C. Payne
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
[email protected]

K

Ken K.

Take the cost of messing around with templates (including checking their validity) and invest in a good statistical software package that does process capability analysis. MINITAB, StatGraphics, and JMP can do this.

I feel MINITAB has the best capability tools, StatGraphics next, and then JMP behind them. You can download free full-working demos of all of these by going to their respective websites:
http://www.minitab.com
http://www.statgraphics.com
http://www.jmpdiscovery.com

If the downloads are too long just call them - I'm sure they'll send you a demo disk.

R

Rick Goodson

Narfeldt & Graeme,

Contact TEAM (Techniacal and Engineering Aids for Management) in Tamworth New Hampshire, USA. They carry 100's of specialty graph papers including what we use to call Normal Probate paper or Normal Probability paper. Their telephone number is 603-323-8843.

Codex Book Company in Norwood Massachusetts use to carry a number of papers also. Their telephone number is 802-878-5570.

Hope this helps.

Rick

A

Al Dyer

Originally posted by narfeldt:
Where can I find a template (Excel) for capability studies?

A friend told me he downloaded and Excel add-on from the microsoft web site that addressed SPC. Might be worth a quick search.

ASD...

V

venkat

Mr.Howard Atkins

I did download the fiel from Partcertall-6.06.xls

But I get the message as : cannot be accessed. file may be read only or in read only location or the server may not be responding

kindly advise

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I posted this file and have downloaded to check.
When you open it you get a message as to macros. Enable them. Then you get a message as to read only. Say no, open as not read only.
If you have more problems e-mail me
Best luck

------------------
Howard Atkins

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Excel Template for Cgk Study wanted (Capability Gauges Study) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
A Capability Study Template Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
C Process Capability - Attribute Data Analysis (Template) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
C Process Capability - Variables Data Analysis (Template) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
K Excel Spreadsheet Template to calculate Cmk (Machine Capability) wanted Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
D Design Transfer Template capturing Customer Specific Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Looking for a EU MDR Gap Analysis template EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J Looking for a template SOP for UDI implementation for EU Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
J Level 3 KPI Excel Template Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 18
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Informational EU – Manufacturer incident report (MIR) for serious incident- template 2020 (Directives and new regulations) version 7.2 and related documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
pashah Looking for Usability File Template acc. IEC 62366-1 and IEC 60601-1-6 IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 4
M PMS template for FDA submission (De novo submission for a Class II IVD) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
I Medical device Validation/Verification template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
CPhelan Labeling template on QMS - Kitting and labeling documentation Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M Post Market Surveillance Plan Template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M PMCF (Post Market Clinical Followup)/ PSUR template EU Medical Device Regulations 8
T QMS Template Help - Small machine shop/job shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ashok sunder Need ISO 45001:2018 HIRA template Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 9
optomist1 Share a DFMEA template please Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P Looking for Risk Assessment Template - Not necessarily Asset based IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
A Australia TGA Medical Device Sponsor Agreement - Example or Template Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
M Does anyone has a good verification and validation plan template? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Ashok sunder ISO 45001:2018 Documentation template Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
E Template of a Management Review Agenda or Report in compliance with ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Training template - controlled document? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
W ERP Audit Trail audit by FDA? Regular audit trail report template? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
J IVDR and MDR ANNEX I Requirements Template EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A Integrated risk and opportunities evalution template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
J Training Record Template and tracking Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A ITSM (IT Service Management) Ticket Audit Template Service Industry Specific Topics 0
P ISO 14001 - Looking for a Gap Analysis Template ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
E Usability Process - Looking for a template (IEC 62366) IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 1
P Template or example Excel list of ISO certificates issued to clients ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Example wanted - Template for internal audit IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T IVD - Self Declaration - Technical File - Template wanted Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
S Usability procedure - looking for a template IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 3
N Where I can find an Excel sample/template for recording Delivery Time and Cost Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
R Clinical evaluation Meddev (2.7.1 revision 4) - Example or Template EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J Does anyone have a good APQP template that meets IATF requirements? APQP and PPAP 3
K Computerized system Master Validation Plan, IQ-OQ-PQ Draft or Template Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
B Seeking for an example or a template of a Business Plan Service Industry Specific Topics 3
C Does anyone have an AS9100:2015 audit schedule template? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
L Benefits that the QA's gain with a Test Case Template Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
S Medical Device Registration & Technical Format/Template - European Union CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8