Template for Supplier Notification of Audit

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
Good afternoon,

I wonder if anyone has an example of a template that is used for notifying suppliers when you plan to perform an audit. In my company, we communicate and confirm audit dates via email, primarily. However, I was informed today that I must develop a template to use going forward to notify suppliers when we need to audit them.

If anyone has a generic or sanitized template that you could share, I would appreciate it very much. I looked briefly in the Post Attachments List, but didn't see anything that looked appropriate.

Thanks....

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
I've always used the format that our AS9100C registrar uses (in the notifications they send us). Seems to work well, and we just modify the areas to suit.

C

crager34

I put this on letter head and attach to an email. This is for our standard compliance audit.

November 11, 2014

Company Name
Address
City, State, Zip

Subject: Audit XYZ

Contact Person name,

Our comany (name) will perform an audit of (Their company name) facility November 24 – 26, 2014 at your (city) location. The purpose and scope of this audit is to ensure (i.e. ISO 9001-2008, NCA-3800, 10CFR50 Appendix B) requirements are being fully implemeneted.

The audit will be performed by (auditor name) in accordance with (your company name) associated checklists.

Should you have any questions please contact me.

Sincerely,

Name
Title
Phone [email protected]

P

PaulJSmith

Out of curiosity, is this a new internal requirement, or from a customer? What was the rationale behind it vs using your established method of email?

N

NAVYBILL

This is a letter we use to inform our Supplier of an upcoming audit. We leave the it as generic as possible , so that we can get a good measure of the supplier.
[Date]
[Company Name]
[Address]
[City, State, Zip]

Subject: Notification of Audit, [ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ]

[Contact Person name]:
I hereby wish to inform you that our internal audit team will be conducting an audit on the Quality Management System of your company on [Date], located at:[site location]
The purpose of this audit is to examine and review your capability and conformance to [standard] per the agreed upon contract.
I am sure this exercise will be useful to your company besides us. There should be no restriction or limitation on the scope of this audit and in whatsoever circumstances, the internal audit staff shall have unrestricted access to all company records, property and personnel.
The audit is scheduled to take approximately [timeframe] to complete and should there be any areas of improvement in the system, we will discuss them with you together with our recommendations.
In order for us to work as efficiently as possible, it is understood that your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Vendor (Supplier) Notification template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
V Looking for a Supplier Evaluation template for Environmental Performance Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
S Supplier Management Suggestions and Form/Template wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Q Customer Directed Supplier Form/Template Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Precision Machining Supplier Audit Format/Template wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
K Supplier Evaluation Form or Template wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
B Supplier and Contractor Auditing - Report Template Needed Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
N Second Party (Supplier) Audit - Audit Schedule and Audit Report Template/Format General Auditing Discussions 3
D Template for Vendor (Supplier) Qualification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 26
A Supplier Lead Time and Cost - excel template wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Supplier Quality Rating Scorecard Template (excel spreadsheet) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
O Supplier Risk Assessment template or example needed Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
F Vendor (Supplier) Survey template needed Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
S Supplier quality complaint spreadsheet template needed Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
G Need template for Non Conforming Report to Supplier (Excel/MS Access format) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
J Supplier Performance Scorecard sample format or template needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Supplier Database Template or Ideas about it to share? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
Z Supplier Meeting Minutes Template needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A Supplier Scorecard template / example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 16
CharlieUK Informational ADCO MED EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY TEMPLATE CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
Tagin Template or Checklist for Process Change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J Process FMEA Template with examples - Cold and Hot Forged components FMEA and Control Plans 4
F MDR GSPR Checklist template EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Email Template that go to a customer and then get returned to us for RMA/Warranty Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C Ford's MMOG/le Template wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C SOP Template needed for ISO 13485 6.3 Infrastructure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Q Example of the Risk Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C Template for Excel Validation Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
dgrainger Informational MDCG 2020:13 - Clinical evaluation assessment report template EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Q Internal audit plan template Internal Auditing 6
D New Equipment form / template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D Design Transfer Template capturing Customer Specific Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Looking for a EU MDR Gap Analysis template EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J Looking for a template SOP for UDI implementation for EU Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
J Level 3 KPI Excel Template Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Informational EU – Manufacturer incident report (MIR) for serious incident- template 2020 (Directives and new regulations) version 7.2 and related documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
pashah Looking for Usability File Template acc. IEC 62366-1 and IEC 60601-1-6 IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 4
M PMS template for FDA submission (De novo submission for a Class II IVD) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
I Medical device Validation/Verification template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
CPhelan Labeling template on QMS - Kitting and labeling documentation Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M Post Market Surveillance Plan Template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M PMCF (Post Market Clinical Followup)/ PSUR template EU Medical Device Regulations 8
T QMS Template Help - Small machine shop/job shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Ashok sunder Need ISO 45001:2018 HIRA template Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 9