Templates for three ISO 13485:2016 SOPs

Hi everyone.

I work in a small company and this is my first job in quality assurance, so I am feeling a bit lost. I am the only person in QA, despite my general manager, which is not available as he is on holidays.
They want to get the ISO certification, so I need to update all the quality documentation based on ISO 13485:2016.
I have updated almost all documents, but I can see that for this ISO, I will need to create 3 news SOP's:

QP716 - Change control;
QP811 - Statistical Process Control
QP 8212 - Device Risk Management.

This is my first time creating SOP's, perhaps do you know where I can get these templates for free? or can you give me some guidance? Many thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
I worry that you're headed for a train wreck. No doubt you'll find some good templates in the posted attachments but will you understand them to the point of adapting them to your company? Why do you think a Statistical Process Control SOP is required? I'm registered to 13485 and don't have one (of course, my circumstances are likely quite different). Do you understand the application of 14971 (risk management) for devices (do you have a copy of 14971?).

I would recommend that you seek out some help from someone (not on holiday! :) ) with experience.

Thank you, I will take a look.
Yodon you are correct. I am wondering the same, because I believe I should get some support and understand the background better and not just trying to figure out everything by myself.
I mentioned this SOP's to my general manager and he said that if they are in the ISO, I need to do them, but I have been looking and I also do not understand why we need the statistical control as we are not manufacturing, but just distributing on behalf of other company.
No, I do not have a copy if that, so I guess I should download and read it.
As for now, I cannot get any help from someone with more experience, may I ask you what do you recommend me to do?
Thank you.

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank you, I will take a look.
Yodon you are correct. I am wondering the same, because I believe I should get some support and understand the background better and not just trying to figure out everything by myself.
I mentioned this SOP's to my general manager and he said that if they are in the ISO, I need to do them, but I have been looking and I also do not understand why we need the statistical control as we are not manufacturing, but just distributing on behalf of other company.
No, I do not have a copy if that, so I guess I should download and read it.
As for now, I cannot get any help from someone with more experience, may I ask you what do you recommend me to do?
Thank you.
Statistical techniques are mentioned 6 times within the standard. Address them within the procedures appropriate to your operation. You may only need them for analysis of data.

Tagin

Trusted Information Resource
...I mentioned this SOP's to my general manager and he said that if they are in the ISO, I need to do them, but I have been looking and I also do not understand why we need the statistical control as we are not manufacturing, but just distributing on behalf of other company...
As far as I can see, 13485 does not state a requirement for SPC.

The term "statistical techniques" is the closest thing used, and it appears in the following:
7.3.6 Design & Dev. verification
7.3.7 Design & Dev. validation
7.5.6 Validation of processes for production & svc provision
8.1 Measurement, analysis, improvement - general
8.4 Analysis of data

Since you are a distributor, you probably exclude D&D altogether. Likewise, 7.5.6 probably is not applicable to your company. So 8.1 and 8.4 are then the only places where "statistical techniques" is relevant. 8.1 just says you have to 'determine' (one of ISO's favorite vague terms) what statistical techniques will be used, and in 8.4 the requirements is that the procedure will include determination of statistical methods (e.g., "our company's Mgmt Team determines the KPIs and metrics to be used, including any statistical methodologies, and those determinations are recorded in _____".

If SPC were an explicit requirement, then you would expect it to appear in 8.2.5/8.2.6 (monitoring & meas. of process/product). However, the language in those clauses is instead quite general.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
P Commercial excel templates that calculate overhead, hourly rates, fee proposal Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 0
Robert Stanley Required Documentation Templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
B We need a QMS: file-based templates or software Other Medical Device Related Standards 23
C Looking for simple Software Validation IQ templates. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
M Different procedure templates for different standards - We have two different management systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K Templates for software development quality audit Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Using "Particle Size Standard" templates as gauges - How to avoid giving a gauge # while using for process control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M FSCA communication and templates EU Medical Device Regulations 0
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
GreatNate Various Audit Templates - Canned forms and templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
U Electronic templates for making paper control charts Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
D Templates for Environmental, Safety and quality Management System wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J Lean MFG (manufacturing) process and Work order templates Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
M SOPs, Plans and Report templates for Clinical Evaluation of EU MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
S Source of QMS templates including templates for design verification/design validation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Medical Device News Medical Device Directives – New templates for Field Safety Notices published Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Examples of Pre-Sub, SRD, PMA Shells and Templates Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
D Changing Templates Approval Field Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K Do Forms and Templates ALWAYS become Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
R PPM, Pictorial Process Mapping, Templates Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
O Suggestions for templates for formulating test plan for IEC 60601-1-2 4th ed CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
E Approval for Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Q AS9100 Rev.D Transfer of Work - Procedure and form templates AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
V QMS / QSR - Reference to Framework - Templates - Procedures for Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
S Looking for Document Control Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
G Where I could find any project HSE plan templates Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
S Looking for templates of Master Production Record and Master Batch record Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
Ron Rompen Particle Size Templates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
M Some ISO 9001:2015 Forms and Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S Customer Scorecard Analysis Templates and Examples IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V 510(K) Cyber Security Documentation for Pre-market Submission (Templates) Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
K Q1-Ford - Does anyone have any Q1 templates? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D Samples & Inspection Check Sheet Templates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
V Qualification & Management Of Contract Quality Control Lab - Formats & Templates US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
N What are the templates that can be used for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
S AS9102 FAI requirements - Inspecting with fixtures, templates AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
F Software or form/templates program to track Internal Audits and Corrective Actions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A ISO 9001 "Canned" Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
Q Production Planning Templates, Tools & Techniques Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
AnaMariaVR2 Prioritization Matrix templates Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
I Please help me with some Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
E Procedure Templates for Training, Awareness and Competency Assessment Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Total Productive Maintenance Templates to Drive TPM Forward Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
B Templates for Newbies Preparing for ISO 9001 Certification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
S Showing Evidence of Review and Approval of Blank Forms and Templates 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
2 Pointers on Document Control Processes and Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Manix Exporting Data from MS Access to MS Word or MS Excel Templates Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5