Temporary employment agencies for temporary quality engineers and/or quality managers

C

cyberzen

My company has a need to hire temporary quality engineers and/or quality managers while personnel are on FMLA. Are there any agencies that work on an as-needed basis to fill in during this time period that specialize in quality personnel? Our HR department prefers to work with agencies rather than contract employees directly.

Thank you for your time,
Julie M.
Erie, PA

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: temporary employment agencies

My company has a need to hire temporary quality engineers and/or quality managers while personnel are on FMLA. Are there any agencies that work on an as-needed basis to fill in during this time period that specialize in quality personnel? Our HR department prefers to work with agencies rather than contract employees directly.

Thank you for your time,
Julie M.
Erie, PA
The quick answer is there are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of such agencies. The trick is to do enough research so you engage an agency which does not overly exploit the contract workers in its pool of temporary employees. In addition, you want to ensure the agency is doing adequate screening of individuals to assure the workers they supply are competent and meet your organization's criteria and can get up to speed on the job with very little lag time.

I regret the nature of the temporary worker agencies is such that a recommendation (by name) today may be worthless months or years from now when others come across this thread in a search. Even the big, worthy national agencies have problems from time to time within the local branches which can make hiring through them a complete nightmare.

1. How urgent is your organization's need?
  2. Do you need workers this week or this month? or is this a situation you anticipate coming up in a few months?
  3. Over a given period of time [say one calendar year], about how many individual workers do you think you'd need at any given time?
  4. How many man hours total for all temporaries over a year?
If your need is immediate, contact me by pm and I can work with you to expedite your search. If not immediate, tell us and we can start a public thread about the tips, tricks, and traps involved in engaging a temporary worker agency so the information can be available for others who may find their organizations in a similar situation to your organization's situation.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: Temporary employment agencies for temporary quality engineers and/or quality mana

Thank you for your time,
Julie M.
Erie, PA

We can assist you. Take a look at my profile / linkedin account for contact info.

G

Geoff Withnell

Re: Temporary employment agencies for temporary quality engineers and/or quality mana

Thank you for your time,
Julie M.
Erie, PA

I have worked as a Quality Engineer through Peak Technical, and I can wholehearted recommend their services. I believe they have a Pittsburgh office. Also, you might look at www.cjhunter.com for general info on using technical contract personnel.

Geoff Withnell

Top Bottom