Terminated - Job Seeking Advice and Discussion - Over 200 Posts with Advice

E

energy

Wet eyes

I feel really humble and thankful for the kind words and praise. Thanks for the private messages, too. I promise to keep in touch. I miss the Cove involvement as I knew I would. Peace. I have a long shot in the works. If it happens, it won't be until after the holidays. If not, this advice helps a lot. Thank you all.
:smokin:

R

RosieA

Dear Energy,

It sure sounds like this company didn't deserve you. The same goes for Lucinda. We all have enoromous respect for your skills. It's a pity that your company chose the dark side. My motto is: "Time wounds all heels" Your ex-boss WILL get his. ;)

After many years in a job and career he hated, my husband quit his job 2 years ago. He evaluated his personal interests and decided to make a career out of his enjoyment of computers. He got A1 certification and 6 months after quitting, got a new job as a computer tech in our local school system. He had previously spent 10 years teaching, understands the environment, and is the happiest I've seen him in years. He was 50 when this happened, and his reliability and people skills were greatly valued in a world where most techs are pretty young and nerdy.

Take a look at your personal interests...I'll bet there's something there that you can build on.

I'm rooting for you! :bigwave:
Rosie

J

JodiB

Oh golly sweetpea. I am absolutely stunned. You could not have shocked me more.

Your resume is super. It won't take you long to find something. Now spend a few days in your bathrobe and then enjoy the Christmas season the way you probably haven't had time to do in years.

I'll send you a PM later. Gotta run now..Take care,

Cinda

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Good Luck and remember it will turn out to be the best thing that happened to you. Keep the faith!!

Q

qualitymanager

Energy,

Not much to add ("when one door closes, another opens" etc., etc.) to what has been said before, except:

From my experience, I'd suggest that whatever you get into next, you enjoy it. Nothing wrong with getting back into the same situation as before provided it makes you want to get up in the morning and face it :vfunny:

Please contnue to visit as I've come to appreciate the "energy" of your contributions.

qualitymanager

D

David Mullins

I knew buying that company would prove fruitful sooner or later.
Please re-enlist - I couldn't stand another consultant on the cove slipping into sales mode.
Besides, the man doesn't pay that badly.
I expect you'll be back whingeing about other senior mangers in no time.
Perhaps now is a good opportunity to fly to Texas and visit Lucinda for a bit of scuba diving.
Strewth, you could fly a bit further and come croc' wrestling with me and Steve Irwin.

Regards,
Bill Tomasso

E

energy

It's nice being 40...

David Mullins said:

I knew buying that company would prove fruitful sooner or later.
Please re-enlist - I couldn't stand another consultant on the cove slipping into sales mode.
Besides, the man doesn't pay that badly.
I expect you'll be back whingeing about other senior mangers in no time.
Perhaps now is a good opportunity to fly to Texas and visit Lucinda for a bit of scuba diving.
Strewth, you could fly a bit further and come croc' wrestling with me and Steve Irwin.

Regards,
Bill Tomasso

David,

I said in the original post that there would be those who would rejoice in my bad news. I never thought you would be one of them. For those who don't know, the name after regards is the same name as the brother of the CEO who did the dirty deed. Thanks for the laugh. I bet you're a hit at funerals, too! :confused: :(

C

Carl Exter

It's said that things happen for the best. Someone much smarter than I pointed out what absolute nonsense that is.. but that we each can try to make the best from what we've been given. Best of luck to you.

T

tarheel

Been There

Energy, I was in the same situation last year. Came back from vacation and the boom was lowered. It took awhile to lick my wounds, but I was lucky to find a job, although at a 40% paycut, but I am still counting my blessings. Hang in there, I know it is tough. :(

Top Bottom