Terms & Conditions Document Control

TacitBlue

Involved In Discussions
Hi There,

How do we control supplier terms and conditions as part of document control? Would T&C's be considered a policy?

These T&C's are our newest supplier terms and conditions flow downs. This is a document that is flowed to suppliers from our procurement department along with a purchase order.

It has been proposed to control these like any of our other business processes.

Please let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
We dont and I prefer not to do so as it brings up more documents for an audit. This document says you are paid Net 30. Can I see your billing records to verify its being met? Granted it is unlikely but remember "to make everything as simple as possible but no simpler."

Last edited:
We do control ours, we include things such as the right to perform a preshipment inspection (some of our suppliers) and terms relating to the provision of material test reports and CoC's. As such, it gets revised periodically.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
^^We also control ours - for the same reasons. It's on our website, and our purchase orders contain a link to it in the footer.

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
Turns out Im wrong. One of my team told me it IS in our QMS!

Randy

Super Moderator
ISO 901:2025 - 7.5.3.2
Documented information of external origin determined by the organization to be necessary for the
planning and operation of the quality management system shall be identified as appropriate, and

be controlled.

Now it's for you to figure out how to make it work effectively

“Appropriate” means suitable (for, to) and implies some degree of freedom

Top Bottom