QMS for Life Sciences
Elsmar Cove Forum Sponsor

Test Equipment at Work Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deb Weissler

According to the latest sanctioned interpretations, C3 states: "... if individuals are calibrating equipment (at their work stations) they shall be included in the laboratory organization." We currently have a series of leak testers that the repair mechanics calibrate daily using known leak orifice masters. The masters are calibrated on a scheduled basis by the Metrology Lab, but the mechanics themselves are not associated with that lab. Is the calibration they are doing subject to the laboratory scope requirements of QS-9000?

[This message has been edited by Deb Weissler (edited 22 March 2000).]

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I wouldn't think a daily check qualifies as a lab function since metrology is doing the actual calibration. The folks doing the daily check at their bench do not adjust the equipment, do they? As I understand what you are saying is they just do a check and if out of the allowable 'tolerance' they call metrology in. Correct?

D

Deb Weissler

No, actually they ARE performing calibration adjustments using a calibrated orifice. There is a switch on the front of the leak tester that is normally set at "operate". However if the calibration has shifted when verification is done, the mechanic has a key to allow him to calibrate the settings. Metrology only maintains calibration control on the leak orifices, not on the leak testers themselves.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I'm moving this to the measurement and calibration forum - maybe we can get some answers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom