Tests IEC 60601-1 - Grounding Resistance, Leakage Current and Dielectric Rigidity in an automated way

Tiago Alfenas

Starting to get Involved
Good Morning!
We are an electromedical manufacturer and would like to ask you a question, which device do you use to test the 60601 (Grounding Resistance, Leakage Current and Dielectric Rigidity) in an automated way? Example only one model of ours each lot is about 1,000 units, and according to we interpret we have to do 100% of the lot, the tests take about 40 minutes per device, we would like to shorten this time

Pads38

One example here:
The Rigel 288+ Electrical Safety Analyzer from Rigel Medical

(Disclosure - no connections)

It can be set up with a pre-programmed set of tests and limits, can record results to computer etc. and can be quite quick.
It is not entirely 'hands free'; typically, you would still need to use a probe for earth bond tests.

Also note that it does not do the dielectric part of the tests - you'll need another machine for that.

I believe that other manufacturers do similar equipment - for example Fluke, but I do not have experience of those.

jawad shahid

Registered
I want to do the same testing, the Device under tests are Bf applied part Laryngoscopes, can i perform the same tests with Fluke ISA 601pro XL please guide !!!

Tinob

Registered
I cannot recommend the Gossen Metrawatt device like Seculife ST. They do not meet the filter of medical standard 60601-1 8.7.3 e). The filter is shown in there manual, but measurements have shown that it is not correct. It's no longer funny when you find out something like that and devices have been measured. Unfortunately, the support is also bad in this regard.

Al_Z1

Involved In Discussions
Thank you for the info. It is rather unexpected for me, these measurements are performed by our test lab (and I am not an expert in this field). As I remember, even our NB made tests for certification with one of these Seculife devices... I'll discuss with our lab, how can we recheck the measurements of leakage currents.

Top Bottom