Thanks Given to Others in Forum Posts

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Some pay attention to the number of times a Cover has been thanked, which together with karma points gives an indication of appreciation by fellow Covers.

One indicator that very few pay attention to is the number of times a Cover has thanked a fellow member. Some ungrateful :tg: Covers are really miser with their gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

samsung

Some pay attention to the number of times a Cover has been thanked, which together with karma points gives an indication of appreciation by fellow Covers.

One indicator that very few pay attention to is the number of times a Cover has thanked a fellow member. Some ungrateful :tg: Covers are really miser with their gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation...
It costs nothing but pays a lot in particular to those who are generous enough in expressing their gratitude for having received something they expected from a fellow cover.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
When we read any post and it has some stuff in it for us ... may be information , a thought, a different view point, an experience, a humor with an underlying message ... etc., it gets our appreciation at that instant. It is here that we have to make this practice of instantly thanking or karma. If any such thing rings in our mind, thank right at that instant. It is as close as a nod, a smile a handshake or a pat on the back. JUST DO IT

harry

Super Moderator
:topic:

I am actually more concern with those threads where advice had been given by some good hearted and generous Covers but the original poster just disappear into thin air. At a minimum, give some feedback - if the suggestion/advice works, does not work, etc, etc.

I also take note that there are some who gave us feedback and updates on a regular basis and we benefit and learn from their experience also.

Last edited:
J

Juan Dude

:topic:

I am actually more concern with those threads where advice had been given by some good hearted and generous Covers but the original poster just disappear into thin air. At a minimum, give some feedback - if the suggestion/advice works, does not work, etc, etc.

I also take note that there are some who gave us feedback and updates on a regular basis and we benefit and learn from their experience also.
Yep I get the same feeling all the time.

Q

qualitytrec

I find the ratio's of the dashboard interesting.
Thanked to thanks given.
Thanked to posts
Thanks given to posts
Thanked to Karma
On and on.

What kind of poster do I want to be?

Thankful and useful is what I try to be.
I should try to be more faithful, the Cove has been a great help to me throughout my career so far.
Thanks Marc for setting up an excellent site. And thanks FAITHFUL moderators for all your hard work. And thanks posters for all the great questions, insight and humour.

Mark

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Thanks for the help Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc Interesting Discussion We have food safety laws thanks to 19th century “poison squad” Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
bobdoering Thanks to those that tried to fill the void Covegratulations 2
T Special Thanks to Everyone in this Forum! AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
S Thanks from a newbie Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
A Thanks for your help in the Elsmar forum IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Wes Bucey Sucker Punch ("thanks for the free consulting, but no job for you!") Career and Occupation Discussions 8
H ISO 9001 - Thanks for the help ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
harrysons Thanks to Elsmar Cove - Successful TS16949:2009 Certification Covegratulations 10
T Nissan acronym: THANKS? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G What is the proper Thanks Giving turkey sampling size? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
G VERY easy savory baked Thanks Giving party treat Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
S ISO 9001: 2008 Certification Success - Thanks Covegratulations 9
J Back from Europe, no thanks to BA Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 12
A Recommended for AS9100B Certification! Thanks! AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
M closed thanks Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K Successful Audit: Thanks for your help! ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
M Changing the CNC program - Money Saving Idea - Thanks to all of you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Thanks Everyone Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
D Urgently need VDA6.3 guideline ! Thanks. VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 12
SteelMaiden Give Thanks - Thanksgiving Day in the US - November 2006 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
Wes Bucey Thanks for giving me the opportunity to give a little bit back Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 20
J Thanks To All Our Veterans Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 15
C Thanks for the help guys ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J How to use the six sigma in supply chain? thanks Six Sigma 3
J What is difference between the goal of PPAP with APQP, thanks APQP and PPAP 4
Q Registration Audit done! Thanks for all your help! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
N Big Thanks Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
M Thanks for the help with the usefull tips and guidance Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S We Made it to TS 16949 Certification - THANKS! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 27
Marc My Continuing Thanks to the Moderators, financial Contributors and the 'Regulars'! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
B Giant thanks to Marc and all the Covers! ISO Upgrade with Zero NCs! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A Thanks,Marc Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
M Proper way to develop LCL when only given a lower spec limit Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
R Major nonformance finding was given during a closing meeting of a ISO9001 certification audit General Auditing Discussions 76
S FMEA column column ''therblig motion'' for a given potential failure FMEA and Control Plans 12
V Correlating Maximum 'Range' of Values for a given "RSD" (Control Limits) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
V Pre-dispensed API material received in predetermined quantities & given to production Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
M How to Mathemetically Derive the AQL Tables given Lot Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
M Who has the final say on which subclauses are applicable from a given standard? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M QSB plus given by PSA and GM and ISO TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q Should advance notice be given for Disaster Recovery Audit? Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 9
L Determining Cpk based on a given Sample Size, Confidence Level, & Reliability Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Q Best tools to use to determine the best layout of a given area (Office) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
A Probability of a good lot given that the sample was good Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
W Cpk for Hardness - PPAP rejected due to no Cpk value being given for a hardness FMEA and Control Plans 10
S How to calculate the 'planted' area in any given stretch of land? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
M No Tolerances given by Customer - Shirring (sewing operation) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Applying ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 given known lot size and 100% visual inspection AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
CalRich I was given two copies of the CQE exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 7