Thanks Given to Others in Forum Posts

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Some pay attention to the number of times a Cover has been thanked, which together with karma points gives an indication of appreciation by fellow Covers.

One indicator that very few pay attention to is the number of times a Cover has thanked a fellow member. Some ungrateful :tg: Covers are really miser with their gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation...

S

samsung

Some pay attention to the number of times a Cover has been thanked, which together with karma points gives an indication of appreciation by fellow Covers.

One indicator that very few pay attention to is the number of times a Cover has thanked a fellow member. Some ungrateful :tg: Covers are really miser with their gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation...

It costs nothing but pays a lot in particular to those who are generous enough in expressing their gratitude for having received something they expected from a fellow cover.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Don't forget Karma.
When we read any post and it has some stuff in it for us ... may be information , a thought, a different view point, an experience, a humor with an underlying message ... etc., it gets our appreciation at that instant. It is here that we have to make this practice of instantly thanking or karma. If any such thing rings in our mind, thank right at that instant. It is as close as a nod, a smile a handshake or a pat on the back. JUST DO IT

harry

Trusted Information Resource
:topic:

I am actually more concern with those threads where advice had been given by some good hearted and generous Covers but the original poster just disappear into thin air. At a minimum, give some feedback - if the suggestion/advice works, does not work, etc, etc.

I also take note that there are some who gave us feedback and updates on a regular basis and we benefit and learn from their experience also.

Last edited:
J

Juan Dude

:topic:

I am actually more concern with those threads where advice had been given by some good hearted and generous Covers but the original poster just disappear into thin air. At a minimum, give some feedback - if the suggestion/advice works, does not work, etc, etc.

I also take note that there are some who gave us feedback and updates on a regular basis and we benefit and learn from their experience also.

Yep I get the same feeling all the time.

J

Juan Dude

BTW we should turn this thread into a "karma/thanks to everyone that posts thread", I just did. :cool:

Q

qualitytrec

I find the ratio's of the dashboard interesting.
Thanked to thanks given.
Thanked to posts
Thanks given to posts
Thanked to Karma
On and on.

What kind of poster do I want to be?

Thankful and useful is what I try to be.
I should try to be more faithful, the Cove has been a great help to me throughout my career so far.
Thanks Marc for setting up an excellent site. And thanks FAITHFUL moderators for all your hard work. And thanks posters for all the great questions, insight and humour.

Mark

Top Bottom