Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

That's impossible - George Washington supposedly threw a dollar across the Potomac

A

amanbhai

While showing tourists Washignton, D.C., a guide pointed out where George Washington supposedly threw a dollar across the Potomac River.
"That's impossible," said a man. "No one could throw a coin that far."
"You have to remember," answered the guide."A dollar went a lot father in those days."

Actually, I don't think he threw it. President Washington (although he was not President at the time) was reported to be a very frugal (read CHEAP) man. My Inside-The-Beltway source says Washington found a way to stretch the dollar accross.

C

Craig H.

A long time ago there was a boy who took a lot of grief from his classmates because his family was the only one in the county to still have outdoor plumbing (read outhouse). He really hated that old outhouse, so much so that one day while he was waiting on the school bus he ran over and pushed it over into the creek. He went on to school.

That evening his father was waiting for him when he got home. "Did you push the outhouse into the creek"? he asked. The son replied "I cannot tell a lie, father. I did it." The father said "go out and fetch a switch for your whipping, boy", to which the son responded, "but father, George Washington told the truth and his father didn't punish him".

"Yeah, but George's dad wasn't in the cherry tree, either" said the father.

Have a great weekend.

B

bmccabe - 2006

Psssshhhtttt. Why put it under tension!? Just hire some Anderson accounts who will place a mirror on the opposite side. Now the buck appears to be on the opposite bank, and you can claim to have 2: Instead of throwing one away, or exceeding the elastic limit of the materials. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
What's the big deal? I once stood on one bank of the Arakansas River and peed all the way across to the other bank.

Top Bottom