The Chit Chat and 'Let's Meet' Thread - Meeting Other Elsmar Cove Participants

R

RosieA

It's better...it's important to learn how to poke fun at yourself, (or your job) in order to stay sane. Once folks knew it's ok to do that, they opened up. I encourage it. Humor is a great stress reliever.

Thanks for asking!

R

Randy Stewart

Getting Back In

Hello folks. Hope the New Year finds you happy and healthy.
I've spent some time with my kids in PA and for the most part it was good.
I had to go to court over the child support thing so that was the only down side to the visit.
With the requirements for insurance on my son I've decided to get back into quality full time. I'm interviewing at company that does plating on fasteners. It's a smaller company and it looks like a good fit. I'll be back in as Quality Manager if things go right. They're looking at 9K2K and 14000 in March so it will be a trial by fire. But what's life without a few challenges?
Just thought I'd let you know what was up.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Randy Stewart said:
...I'm interviewing at company that does plating on fasteners. It's a smaller company and it looks like a good fit. I'll be back in as Quality Manager if things go right. They're looking at 9K2K and 14000 in March so it will be a trial by fire. But what's life without a few challenges?
Just thought I'd let you know what was up.

Glad to hear from you!! And good luck. Will you still be located around this area?

C

Craig H.

Randy Stewart said:
But what's life without a few challenges?

Randy:

I am sure you will meet those challenges head on, and prevail.

GOOD LUCK!!!

G

Greg B

Welcome back Stew and Happy New Year. I hope the job interview goes well. Do you need a reference? I'm sure you could get a few nice ones from the cove.

Greg B

R

Randy Stewart

Greg, you know I thought of that but didn't say anything:bonk:

Cari, I'll be closer than you think. In Madison Hts. Depor Company off of Crooks. Look out!!!
I got the call today, I go to lunch with the President and Sales Manager tomorrow at Big Rock (off of Maple). The "can he do the job" and the questions about ability I think are over. It's the "does he fit the culture/company" is what is left. At least that's what I feel.
I think it's a good fit. These guys are good. They actually gave me their Quality Manual and said "This is what we do and how we operate"! And you know what? It IS!!!!
I like this place.
Yes, I have to wear a tie and suit tomorrow, but I haven't felt more "in place" with a company since I left the Navy.
We will do some great things!
I'll be in touch, really!!!!!:thanx:

Top Bottom