The Cove Name Change from 16949.com to Elsmar.com

D

db

Links to Elsmar

First of all. I noticed that was Paul's first post. This guy might be serious Marc!:eek:

Second, thanks for the info Marc. You really didn't owe us an explanation, and this thread might have become quite fanciful, had you not. But we do appreciate it. Even though most of us haven’t met you, we consider you a friend, and as such we are always somewhat concerned when a friend has a major change.
:thedeal:

Now for a practical question. Should we change our links to your site to the new .com, or leave them as they are? If we should change, when should we make the change?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm dead serious! Send me your cash, I'll run it thru the ol' Maytag with some Tide (my mom used Tide and - well, so do I) and then take it right out and - well, if I lose your laundry that's just a tough break for you because I have a sign right here that says "Not responsible for the loss or theft of green laundry"... :vfunny:

As I said above, it's not necessary to change bookmarks. For anyone who has links on their sites after next week you can change them if you want, and I'd recommend it just because i want the url to start showing links - in some search engines it's part of the rating algorithm - but its something that can be left until you're up for changing something.

That said, I expect it will be next week before the change is made. You'll know the change is complete and the domain name has propagated to the DNS servers worldwide when you start seeing my e-mail addresses in the forums change.

I just asked the people I rent the server from to add the domain for me and I know the domain is free (heck - the CaymanCove.com domain name was taken years ago, for example, but why would anyone want Elsmar.com?) so I'm waiting for a confirmation from them in the next couple of days (I'm not pushing because it's not a big deal). I though about taking elsmarcove.com and a couple of other domain names but I fighured why pay the money. Elsmar.com will do fine as soon as everyone learns how to spell it! :rolleyes:

Hey - the Cove is the Cove (yes - cove.com and thecove.com were taken). Cayman, Elsmar, whatever. We're well into year 7 online. No one's gonna get lost.

L

Laura M

My turn

I love the "how did you name your company" stories.

Marc may remember this - but for some of you others.... When I decided to leave the corporate world and venture out on my own, we were going on a cruise the following week. One of the agenda items was to "pick a name" for my biz while we were sitting around the pool - getting more creative with each umbrella drink, of course. All of the ports of call were viable candidates. The one that had the most potential was...of course...Cayman. Long story short - I did a quick check in the i-net upon return, and found, not only another biz named that but a guy doing what I set out to do. That was 3 years ago.

So what did I end up? Odyssey- Quality Management Solutions. My son was competing in Odyssey of the Mind that same year and went to the world competition. Quick Webster check of the word Odyssey was "a long series of wanderings, esp when filled with notable experiences and hardships" Seemed appropriate for this ISO business.

So much for todays trivia....

E

energy

No No No

As I started the off shore banking thing, there was no reference to washing money with Tide. It was more in reference to escaping accountability to the IRS. See how things get started? :biglaugh:

But if you need some help with the drying and ironing of the money that is sent to you, let me know! I can be immediately available. I hear the fishing is great. Just don't touch the coral!
:ko: :smokin:

M

Michael T

For what it's worth...

Marc,

In the "Karma is a Wonderful Thing" category... you're "friends" over at Cayman Systems just got a blast in the shorts by Scott Paton, editor of Quality Digest in the May 2002 issue, for poor service.

Reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines...

"Revenge is a dish best served cold... it is very cold, in space." Khan in Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan

:ko: :biglaugh: :smokin:

Cheers!

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Re: For what it's worth...

Michael T said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines...

"Revenge is a dish best served cold... it is very cold, in space." Khan in Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan

Cheers!

Michael....I didn't know

Hey Randy...did you see this....Michael is one of us!!

Live long and prosper!!!

CarolX

M

Michael T

Re: Re: For what it's worth...

CarolX said:

Michael....I didn't know

Hey Randy...did you see this....Michael is one of us!!

Live long and prosper!!!

CarolX

Oh yeah... long time geek... ummm... I mean Trekker. :biglaugh:

My wife can watch 5 seconds of any of the original episodes and spit out the title. It's scary.

STNG, DS9 & Babylon 5 are our favs... I miss B5... good script writing once they got their characters down.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Thanks for the info and link. I think I'll add my ISP for poor service. No answer to my e-mail for a week. Guess I'll have to most of the changeover myself.

Top Bottom