The Death of Beer

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Maybe it should be titled 'the death of crappy beer'! The article hints that it's no so much the down turn in beer sales, but in awful, nasty cheap beer. They don't say how much the 'better beer' sales went up - micro brews, in particular.

We saw the same thing in the UK in the 70's and 80's when CAMRA started out to change/improve the face of beer quality - very successfully. Similar the the movement here.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
I haven't bought anything by the big American breweries in a very long time- whether for home or at a bar/restaurant.

When we discuss beer at work I guess were are bourgeois ...when we discuss what beers we may have had or tried over the weekend if anyone says "I had a Bud" it's always followed with "hey - it was free! Best kind of beer you can get" or "Yeah, that's all they had".

Kind of like a cigar aficionado admitting he smoked some White Owls...

E

e006823

A couple of years ago in Gatwick airport I saw Bud being ordered by quite a few people, and not Americans. A English gentlemen sat down next to me, asked the bartender what imported beer they had, two that I remember mentioned are Bud and Rolling Rock, Bud was ordered.

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
A couple of years ago in Gatwick airport I saw Bud being ordered by quite a few people, and not Americans. A English gentlemen sat down next to me, asked the bartender what imported beer they had, two that I remember mentioned are Bud and Rolling Rock, Bud was ordered.
Rolling Rock has been brewed by same company as Bud since 2006. Bud's poor taste is probably due to it being brewed using rice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Dying a slow SCOPE death - NEW ISO APG Paper on Scope and Applicability May 2020. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Marc Feathered Dinosaur Death Site is an ?Animal Pompeii? World News 1
Jim Wynne Shop Safety Review After Tragic Death at Yale World News 8
S Chi-Square Conundrum - Analyzing tree death across 3 areas Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
Ajit Basrur Teva recalls drug following Jackson death probe Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
Wes Bucey Life After Death by PowerPoint Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 15
Marc The death of Dr. Joseph M. Juran on February 28, 2008 Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 21
Stijloor The Death of Civility - Good article by Scott M. Paton World News 6
K Could a good Design FMEA have prevented this? Death inside centrally locked car FMEA and Control Plans 6
Howard Atkins QS-9000 Interpretations - July 2002 and the Official Announcement of the Death of QS QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 9
G Death Of The Seceretary-General Of IOS (ISO) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
6 Craft Beer StartUp Facility Design Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
C Ack ack, beer beer Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
Marc Researchers Test Space Beer World News 2
Marc Saying "I only had one beer" doesn't mean much any more Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Marc Beer with 32% ABV headed to US - Tactical Nuclear Penguin World News 2
Stijloor World's strongest beer (41%) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Hershal Formal complaint to Europe regarding beer..... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 43
Stijloor Why "drinking" wine, beer or any other liquor is better... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 21
Jen Kirley Home Made Beer Bottle Solar Water Heater Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Jim Wynne This Just In: Santa Can't Drink Beer in Maine Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Marc Going for a beer? Beer fingerprints to go UK-wide World News 1
Claes Gefvenberg Tap.... beer?! A dream come true? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc Things to consider in a Beer FMEA - Beer Troubleshooting FMEA and Control Plans 7