The Death of Beer

AndyN

Moved On

Maybe it should be titled 'the death of crappy beer'! The article hints that it's no so much the down turn in beer sales, but in awful, nasty cheap beer. They don't say how much the 'better beer' sales went up - micro brews, in particular.

We saw the same thing in the UK in the 70's and 80's when CAMRA started out to change/improve the face of beer quality - very successfully. Similar the the movement here.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I haven't bought anything by the big American breweries in a very long time- whether for home or at a bar/restaurant.

When we discuss beer at work I guess were are bourgeois ...when we discuss what beers we may have had or tried over the weekend if anyone says "I had a Bud" it's always followed with "hey - it was free! Best kind of beer you can get" or "Yeah, that's all they had".

Kind of like a cigar aficionado admitting he smoked some White Owls...

E

e006823

A couple of years ago in Gatwick airport I saw Bud being ordered by quite a few people, and not Americans. A English gentlemen sat down next to me, asked the bartender what imported beer they had, two that I remember mentioned are Bud and Rolling Rock, Bud was ordered.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
A couple of years ago in Gatwick airport I saw Bud being ordered by quite a few people, and not Americans. A English gentlemen sat down next to me, asked the bartender what imported beer they had, two that I remember mentioned are Bud and Rolling Rock, Bud was ordered.
Rolling Rock has been brewed by same company as Bud since 2006. Bud's poor taste is probably due to it being brewed using rice.

Top Bottom