The family lost a little friend today

BradM

Leader
Admin
Well, we lost our Chihuahua today. We got him around Christmas; he was a little puppy. We always try to prevent him running out of the house, but he was too fast this time. My wife chased him and tried to get him to stop, but have you ever tried to get a Chihuahua to listen and do anything?:(

Anyway, she was yelling at the car and the car tried to swerve and miss. Obviously she is still upset.

I took off work and picked up the kids. I felt it should be me to tell them. That went about as well as expected. We went home and my boy rode with me to lunch. He just kind of sat there, with the dog's collar in his hand.:( I got him his favorite (snow crab legs); he seemed a little better after lunch.

As I have said to others... we sure seemd to get attached to our pets.

Just seemed like a family here, that you share your good times, and the bad. Here's a picture of Adrian:

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Well, we lost our Chihuahua today. We got him around Christmas; he was a little puppy. We always try to prevent him running out of the house, but he was too fast this time. My wife chased him and tried to get him to stop, but have you ever tried to get a Chihuahua to listen and do anything?:(

Anyway, she was yelling at the car and the car tried to swerve and miss. Obviously she is still upset.

I took off work and picked up the kids. I felt it should be me to tell them. That went about as well as expected. We went home and my boy rode with me to lunch. He just kind of sat there, with the dog's collar in his hand.:( I got him his favorite (snow crab legs); he seemed a little better after lunch.

As I have said to others... we sure seemd to get attached to our pets.

Just seemed like a family here, that you share your good times, and the bad. Here's a picture of Adrian:
Sorry to hear, it Brad. We lost two pets (a dog and a cat) in the last couple of years, and I know it's not easy.

Randy

Super Moderator
Now you've really made me hurt.

I quit owning dogs because I didn't want to be responsible for killing them anymore. Every dog I have ever owned (or that has owned me) has ended up the same way. I nearly had a heart attack when Schwartzy "H. Norman Schwartzkopf" got run over. Both Schwartzy and his brother "Higgins", red minature Dachsunds got out into the road as did a couple of mine when I was a kid got hit. Schwartzy was looking at me when the vet had to put him down because or head and brain trauma, I held him and said goodbye.

I love doggies. They're honest, they're always happy to see you and they know when you hurt and just need a quiet friend to sit by.

You got this old boy crying here Brad for you guys and Adrian

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Brad,

Sorry for losing your little friend.... Very sad indeed...:(

We lost our beautiful black labrador some years ago.
My wife and I decided not to adopt pets anymore.
Now we enjoy having our daughter's dog once in a while...

Stijloor.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Suggestion: Go and pick out another now. The longer you wait the harder it is. Been there, done that, not my first rodeo.

I am sorry for your family's loss.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
I'm with Randy. Back around 1976 I learned the No Loose Dogs Outside lesson the hard way. My dog Fred was hit and killed. I cried for a few days.

I did have a cat a few years back. I hate cats. But, a stray showed up here one day, a very young kitten, all black, and it was the neatest cat. A real mouser and friendly even to strangers. Alas, I had the cat for about a year and a half and - She was run over on the street out front. I did the cry for a few days routine, again.

Another stray cat came by last fall. I fed her and kept her through the winter, but about 3 weeks ago I took her to.... Nice cat, but really weird and not a mouser at all.

No more pets for me.

Yes - Many people become very close to their pets.

My condolences.

JoCam

Trusted Information Resource
I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your friend Brad. I cried for an entire weekend after I watched my pet rabbit, Burdock, die on the vets examination table. I never expected to be that upset over losing a rabbit, and felt embarrassed, but it's made me realise that no matter what form your friend takes, it is still just that, a friend. Hopefully you'll soon all be able to smile at the memories, without getting upset.

Jo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Enough for PSUR to cover product family? (Procedure packs, not the legal manufacturer) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J UDI Requirements - Products that all fall under the same family 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
leftoverture REACH Compliance - Small, family-owned contract manufacturer REACH and RoHS Conversations 16
T Informational Family or Baseline PFMEA Rules FMEA and Control Plans 22
H Equivalence within Medical Device Family EU Medical Device Regulations 1
BradM Sympathy to Wes Bucey and his family, loss of his wife Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
R How to elect one product to be representative of a Family of Devices IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S Family / Generic type of FMEA & Control Plan and Symbols FMEA and Control Plans 3
S Value Stream Mapping for a Product Family Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
J PPAP for New Family Revisions when the Part has not changed APQP and PPAP 4
M Need Machining Low Volume Family Control Plan and PFMEA APQP and PPAP 1
M ISO 2700x Family of Standards IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
V PPAP Requirements for Plating a "Family of Parts" APQP and PPAP 8
S What constitutes a Medical Device Technical File "Family?" EU Medical Device Regulations 6
A Quality Software TQS-9000 Family of Products Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
C Medical Device Product Registration, Product Family, Device Name Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
S MDD Technical File CE Mark - Addition of a Device to our Current CE Marked Family EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Randy I've got new family Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
P What do you do when a family pet is dying from old age? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 19
M Is any standard in Russia equivalent to those of the family IEC 60601 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
S PPAP for a Family of Products APQP and PPAP 3
Q MSA Studies on each Equipment, each Measurement System or Family in Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 35
D Family Mold in Mass Production? Lean Operation Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
somashekar OH&S and the little family fun Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Sidney Vianna The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
V Can identical gages in different facilities be in the same family? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
Marc Brief History of the AS Family of Standards AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Are family type of GR&R acceptable in situations where you have a lot of instruments? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
K House rules and discipline style: Tips on balancing life, work, and family Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
G Gage R&Rs based on a Family of Gages Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Stijloor Family feud turns into riot in small Ala. town Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
G Part family concept in Process FMEA - Thank You Guys! FMEA and Control Plans 2
Sidney Vianna New edition of ISO brochure on getting the best out of ISO 9000 family ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q ISO launches video clip: "The ISO 9000 family ? Global management standards" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Using ISO 9000 family to help us to improve the efficiency of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Layout inspection - product family approach? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Is this legal - Selling all the family products in one 510(k)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Sidney Vianna ISO advises managers how to get the best out of the ISO 9000 family ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q Make a Donation Today to Help Find a Family for this Child Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
K Please vote: term for an inspection plan for a family of parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S TS 16949 MSA Study Requirements - MSA Studies by Family Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
C Documentation required when doing a PPAP for a "Product Family" APQP and PPAP 6
D Do I Need To Do Gage R&R (GR&R) On Each Device Or Just Each Family Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
J System to capture history on Inspection Hours comparision to part family Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
L New member of the TS 16949 family of registered companies IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
ScottK New "Family" car or used "Upscale" car - Opinions wanted Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 26
Tim Folkerts Riddle - Family with 2 Kids Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 19
P Fourslide FMEA - Part Specific vs. Family Specific FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 12
ScottK Lean Projects for my home - Teaching my family the principles of 5s Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 60
J Springfield USA Map! Home to the Simpson's family Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4