SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

The fight for male equality

L

Laura M

Tee hee hee -I don't know nothin' about proportions - maybe that's why clowns are wearing big shoes!!!!!

Did I just post that? :ko: :rolleyes:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Gordon Clarke

Re: I agree

Any private organization, club, whatever, should be able to include or exclude whomever they want, on any basis they want. That's the whole deal about being private. If they aren't taking money from the government, then they should not be subject to government imposed discrimination laws.
:)
I think many females "fight" for the right to join male clubs just for the hell of it. I can't remember ever seing or reading about males "fighting" to join a female club.
As the five foot tall doctor said to the large woman before giving an injection, "You'll hardly feel a thing, it's only a tiny prick".

A

Audit Monkey

If the Augusta were an organization critical to being successful in business in the area, sure - bust heads and file lawsuits until they let women in.

But a purely social place like a golf course when there are other golf courses around. Not worth the headache, but I suppose for some people it is just a way to get on TV.

Last thing I want is for some of the guys to start joining my gals' night out. Sorry, guys, but its a "no testerone" zone. :tg:

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
I think there is still some truth to the old "Watch what you ask for, it might come true" addage...:notme:

A

Audit Monkey

My feelings: As long as an organization is not vitally important for business success, they can discriminate all they want against whomever they want. If it is vitally important for business success, they have a legitimate legal problem. Key point - make sure your social club or golf club is not the only venue locally for business success.

Personally I would not be happy in a club where I had to force my in over member's wishes. And keep those male critters out of the Ann Arbor Women's Club, thank you very much. :)

Do any of those women who are protesting actually golf?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnaMariaVR2 Drugmakers fight against sport-enhancing ingredients US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Product Serialization Supplier Requirements Procedure to Fight Counterfeiting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A And then the fight started... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
T ...and then the fight started Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
Howard Atkins Fight Spam After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
Marc Christmas Around the World - Drunken Santas riot, fight and steal in the streets World News 5
Marc Registrars Fight For Business - Methods they Use Registrars and Notified Bodies 35
Bev D Happy (Male) Boss's Day Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
R Female auditors earn 18% less than male auditors - IRCA Salary Survey 2014 Career and Occupation Discussions 0
D Importing Class II Male Latex Condoms From China to US Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
S GMDN Code (Class IIb) for Male Condom Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
M Checking a male taper using a female air gage fixture - Air Gaging question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
G Controlling a male 6% Luer with permanent collar according to EN1707? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Beware of IMS (Irritable Male Syndrome) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5