The Idea Generator - Quick and Easy Kaizen

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Has anyone out there read this book (co-authored by Norman Bodek) and if so, any comments?

I'm asking in the vein of trying to put something in place for our operators to get more involved in the "Continuos Improvement" cycle. I have no experience with Kaizen principles but have heard a few speakers at our section ASQ meetings rave about their "adapted" Kaizen programs.

Bill

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

Scott Thor

I read this book a few months ago and it had some good advice. What I really learned from this book is that Kaizen should work on fixing small problems that can be implemented quickly. The authors seem to reinforce this theme throughout the book. I've adopted a lot of what I learned to my personal life as well and it's helped out quite a bit.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was the quality of the book itself. The printing is too close to the binding making it hard to hold open. Also, there isn't much room in the margins to take notes.

Overall I think this book is a good read. It's simple enough that just about anyone can comprehend the concept of Kaizen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M MSDS process audit - Can any one give idea for checklist of the same Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 14
Marc Quiz - Where did the idea of an assembly line come from? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Supplier Management outsourcing - Business idea Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
N A Goal without a Plan is just an Idea ... or - Management Review Meetings and related Processes 11
J Is getting a UDI Consultant a good idea? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
G QMS - Selling the idea to the CEO! Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
Q Need guidance new APQP and PPAP Process Improvement Software Idea Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
2 Complete Cycle for Complaint Process - Idea Searching Customer Complaints 7
M "Selling" the idea of using Work Orders ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
P Bright Idea - My co-worker overstates his contribution - What is a good way to react? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
N Idea or proposal to Improve a Company's Work Flow and Productivity Benchmarking 12
D Continuous Improvement Idea Gathering Tools and Software Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7
G Scaling down the certification scope - good idea? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S A Novel (?) Idea for Internal Audit Planning Internal Auditing 4
E Any Idea why Manufacturer with CE device does not seek Australian approval? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
S Do Environmental 'Aspects' and 'Hazards' express the same idea? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
I Process Improvement/Continual Improvement "Idea Stage-gate" process? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
C Validate the idea of a Composite Performance Index Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
J Looking for an Implementation Consultant... Is a consultant firm a good idea? Consultants and Consulting 27
Wes Bucey A Gee Whiz Idea! World News 2
B ISO9001 - A business case (selling the idea) to influence a management committee ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q How to sell an idea to the upper management when... Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
Marc Checklist in ICU - A 'new' idea! Saving 28,000 Lives a Year Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 5
G Idea To Prevent Mix-up of Medical gases Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7
J Looking for help to give me some idea about my thesis project (Medical Device Design) Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
M Changing the CNC program - Money Saving Idea - Thanks to all of you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Have I got the right idea for my ISO 9000 compliance project... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
D Italian CEI 62.5 Compliance - Any idea if it's the equivalent of EN 60601? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 11
quality1 Manufacturing, Purchasing & Planning Functions under Engineering - Good idea? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
B Is taking the CQT before CQE a good idea? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
N I'm still not grasping the idea of Process Based Internal Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 19
W Preventive 5S - Does anybody have any idea about Preventive 5S? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1
C Training needs of employees - Consultant has idea of an employee evaluation form Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Joe Cruse Internal Audit format - Idea of the process approach to the audit Internal Auditing 16
A Any one have any idea on how to audit Resource Management General Auditing Discussions 6
WALLACE Is a reading room a good idea for the Elsmar Cove? The Reading Room 40
C Hybrid Cars - 100 year old idea World News 2
Govind Any suggestions as to how to patent an 'idea'? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
S ISO 14000 Integrated into ISO 2000? Bad Idea? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
L What do you do? Explaining to those who have no idea what you do Career and Occupation Discussions 17
apestate Outsourcing Internal Audits - Is this a bad idea? Internal Auditing 14
S Does anybody have any idea about EAQF94 standards? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N Electrosurgical generator with switchable sockets - creepage IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
O Selection of a calibrator (pressure generator, temperature) for my field devices General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M HF/RF Generator for dielectric strength IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S Defibrillator Requirement for ME Equipment connected to HF Electrosurgical Generator IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
J Using a Rhode FSH6 Tracking Generator General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Does an Outside Steam Generator need to be Registered in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Diesel Generator Stack - Sample port guidelines required Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2