The Ideal Auditee

The ideal auditee as requested by RCBeyette...

RCBeyette in the thread [url="http://www.elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6743" said:
Day one of phase II[/url]]Just as Claes started the thread on the ideal Auditor, maybe we should have one on the ideal Auditee? :vfunny: Your Auditor may be used to people arguing with him constantly and, having been in that boat before, it's a very frustrating position to be in. That does tend to put an Auditor on the defensive. Try to give him the benefit of the doubt. :)
Consider it done...

Tell us about the ideal auditee (I hate that word) and tell us why the characteristics you describe are essential. This could prove interesting...

/Claes

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Helpful
Truthful
Humble
Knows when to shut up....kind of like the song "I need an auditee that won't drive me crazy, someone who knows the meaning of hey, hit the hiway"

R

Randy Stewart

Straight and to the point. Ones that show pride in what they do and don't mind sharing. I don't know if I agree with humble, JMO but I kind of like them a little cocky. Our Foundry Supervisor use to scare off the auditors, he would talk their ear off, going over composition of kirksite, what temp did to it, etc. His people had the same attitude, it was something to see. They made it seem that the auditor was insulting their intelligence by asking such mundane questions. Then on the flip side we had a guy that was cleaning a part with mineral spirits when the auditor walked up. He kept working while he answered questions and proceeded to light up a cigarette, still using the mineral spirits! When the auditor asked about flamable storage, he walked over to the cabinet and opened the door. Yes, still smoking the cigarette. After we were through I asked the guy what the sign said on the cabinet door. He looked at a little strange and said "No Smoking When Doors Are Open". He stood there a minute looking at me and I pointed to his hand. He about fell out, "Oh Man, I can't believe I did that!"
It was funny. He was so nervous he couldn't think.
:bonk:

C

Craig H.

That's easy.

Someone who completely agrees with my interpretation of whatever standard AND has successfully completely implemented that interpretation.

Also, likes steak and seafood on their expense account.

:vfunny:

Of course, the auditor wouldn't learn anything, and neither would the auditee. Both would go happily on their way. Ideal? Why spend the money?

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Wish I could say that my list for the ideal Auditee was as comprehensive as it is for the ideal Auditor. :)

• Doesn't throw up roadblocks to an audit - stalling for time, verbal diarreha, pointing fingers, always answering the phone, sighing dramatically, giving me the old dog-and-pony show, etc.
  • Understands that the purpose is help where possible
  • Does not take it personally (easier said than done, I know)
  • Helps out when there is misunderstanding or a lack of understanding
  • Points in the right direction when needed
  • If the boss in the area, allows Auditors to talk to the people who actually do the job
  • Open and honest about the system
  • Prompt - big problem where I work with some people, always 15 minutes behind the rest of us and that can throw a schedule out the window
  • Questioning - doesn't blindly take my word at face value, I want us both to benefit from the experience
  • Mature - nothing worse then being on the receiving end of a temper tantrum at work

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Claes Gefvenberg said:
Consider it done...

Tell us about the ideal auditee (I hate that word) and tell us why the characteristics you describe are essential. This could prove interesting...

/Claes
You're a dear, Claes! Thanks!

But, out of curiousity, what word/term would you use? Victim? :vfunny:

N

noboxwine

My 2 Sense

All the confidence in his or her people & process to welcome the auditor, to understand why he or she is there, to not take it personally, who intends to take something positive from it and who will challenge the auditor if need be.

Have a day ! :bigwave:

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
howste said:
I have to admit that when I'm talking to some people I say "auditee" but I think "oddity."

ROFL :vfunny: How true!!!

Claes, I tend to say things like "the person/people I spoke with", "those involved with audit" or phrases along that line...but "Auditee" is a lot more convenient with its "fastness" and it implies those terms I would usually use.

So, hey, those of you involved in this thread...what do you call your "Auditees?" And keep your responses as polite as possible! ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Cpk for 0 as Ideal Value Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
W Which ISO certification is ideal for my IT company? IT (Information Technology) Service Management 8
I What is an Ideal Control Chart for Hospital Surgery Infections? FMEA and Control Plans 2
B What is the acceptable or ideal Retrieval Time of Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
S The Ideal Husband. Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 9
D Ideal Ratio of Turnover (Sales), Employees & Departments Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
R Ideal Internal Audit Frequency and Scope - ISO 9001 Internal Auditing 6
S Ideas for an Ideal Internal Audit Program Internal Auditing 16
BradM How to be an ideal husband Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 8
C Description of the Ideal quality Engineering Position Career and Occupation Discussions 7
A Ideal job Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 13
P Definition Ideal Quality - What is the definition of Ideal Quality? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
S DPMO calculation for Testing stations- ideal way? High volume PCB manufacture Six Sigma 8
WALLACE Interesting Discussion Does Lean hold the key to success? Is Lean the ideal vehicle for moving forward? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 77
A Process Measurable - Ideal process measurable for a quality control department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Raffy Ideal way or steps in preparing the system certification for ISO9K:2K? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
GStough Auditing Against Criteria Unfamiliar to Auditee - Yea or Nay? General Auditing Discussions 11
K Tips for Auditee Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Experiences as a female auditor / auditee Career and Occupation Discussions 36
S Why auditee names are not mentioned in Audit Report? General Auditing Discussions 2
L How to deal with resistance from auditee(s) Internal Auditing 20
somashekar Internal Audit without a person as auditee Internal Auditing 6
S Internal Audit Findings Summary Rewrite by an Auditee ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
F How to Calm a Nervous Auditee Internal Auditing 14
K Sending Audit Questions to the Auditee in Advance Internal Auditing 20
Howard Atkins What you as an auditee should know about your CB (Certification Body) Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
Jen Kirley What do you do when an auditee says "No thank you" Internal Auditing 86
P What to do when an Auditee Falsifies or Cheated on Records Internal Auditing 6
arios What do you do if you have the feeling that your auditee could be lying? Internal Auditing 58
M What to do when Auditee refuses to sign Audit Report General Auditing Discussions 91
J Auditee offered help with anything in nonconformities Internal Auditing 16
P Internal Audit Finding - Root Cause Analysis: Auditor or an Auditee Responsibility? Internal Auditing 24
B Could ISO 22000 auditee hold Auditor Responsible for subsequent safety breaches? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 16
V Can the Management Representative represent top management as the sole auditee? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
L Corrective action following a wrong answer of the auditee ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
B Providing Auditee with Checklist prior to Audit General Auditing Discussions 48
M Auditee Evaluation of Auditors Example, Form or Template General Auditing Discussions 6
E Being IQA Team Leader and auditee - Auditor Independence General Auditing Discussions 9
J Can I issue a NCR if the auditee did not comply what he is suppose to do? General Auditing Discussions 6